Let's have a good old fashion confession sesh, shall we?
1. I confess... That I've been a terrible blogger this week, thus the confession post today! I totally have been caught up in my little day to day mommy/wife/worker bee world. I really want to spend more time here in my little creative space. I definitely plan on carving out some more quality blogging time next week! I even have a fall outfit post scheduled!
2. I confess... That I finally cleaned out my jewelry armoire and was able to sell and donate a lot of old costume (read: Forever 21) jewelry. It feels good to purge all my old stuff! I really want to start buying classic, high quality jewelry pieces that will last longer.
3. I confess... That I've been trying to feed Camden more bits of real food and it's been very slow going. He is very cautious about new foods, which I guess is a good thing? We've tried banana, shredded mozzarella cheese, bits of whole grain waffles, bits of whole grain toast with avocado, and steamed/cooked green beans. He is still working on the hand to mouth coordination and I'm trying to be patient! He really enjoys dropping the food on the ground for our dog Charlie to eat... :/
4. I confess... I'm currently training for a half marathon in October and I use the term 'training' very loosely. I ran once so far this week and I have a 9 mile run planned for tomorrow with a running buddy. The longest run I've completed recently is 5 miles. Say a little prayer for me!
5. I confess... I've been stalking a lot of my fashion blogger IG accounts for ideas on what to buy for my fall wardrobe. I recently realized that my fall and winter clothes are lacking because this time last year I was very pregnant and only wore maternity leggings or jeans for the last 3 months of my pregnancy. I am in desperate need of a fall shopping spree!
6. I confess... That I purchased these booties during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale, but they didn't fit and when I went to return them, they were out of my size. So, when I found this pair from Express in my size I was very happy! They are very comfortable and the price tag is nicer than the Vince Camuto pair!
7. I confess... That I am officially excited for fall, although it's been so hot and muggy here in Columbus this week! I am so ready for fall temps!
8. I confess... That I may have wandered into Hobby Lobby this week with the intentions of buying all the fall decor, but then left because I felt like it was still too soon... I think I'm ready to go back and buy this chalk board sign now...
Thursday, September 3, 2015
Let's have a good old fashion confession sesh, shall we?
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Thursday, August 27, 2015
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Monday, August 24, 2015
It was a bitter sweet weekend. Poor Cam came down with his first (what I think is a) cold. He has been so stuffy and cranky for the past few days. He's also been really warm and clammy, but hasn't had an extremely high temp yet. A part of me says teething, but another part thinks it's something more. Luckily, we have his 9 month appointment today so maybe we will get some answers!
Needless to say, we didn't plan much for the weekend. It was kind of nice just relaxing at home and not having to rush anywhere. I'm just trying to enjoy these leisurely weekends while they last because we have a busy September.
Here are a few pics I snapped:
Thursday, August 20, 2015
I have happily traded in my business casual work wear for this new 'momiform' as I like to call it. I'm so happy my new boss does not require a formal dress code. ;)
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
This post is long overdue. We've been working on updating our family room ever since Camden was born. I just remember spending so much time in that dark, dreery room in the winter just loathing the brown on brown ugliness and wishing for a lighter, airy, grey and white room. We bought the marble top coffee table at Crate & Barrel as a floor model that was on sale right before Cam was born. I knew I wanted to decorate the rest of the room around that table.
Brace yourself.... Here's the before....
Ugh... I just cringe looking at that brown on brown room. Bill had purchased the couch and loveseat about 4 years ago (and about 2 years before we got married) when he moved into this home to fill the space. The room before was very masculine with dark wood accents.
He knew it was not my favorite room in the house. We ended up hiring painters for the entire house shortly after we got married. The color on the walls before was a hideous buttery/yellow/tan which made things even worse. I was happy to lighted up the room with the new, lighter cream tone (Sherwin Williams - Buff).
The next big purchase was the sectional. We looked at so many furniture stores I thought I was going to go crazy! Bill and I are very picky about furniture. There was a certain look we were going for and it was very difficult to find. I think our style is a mixture of traditional and contemporary. I'd say this couch is more on the contemporary side and is more minimal without looking too minimalistic (straight lines and edges). We found the sectional at Kittles, a furniture store here in Columbus. The floor model of the couch was a darker fabric, so we had to custom order the couch in the light grey. It took 8 weeks for the sectional to arrive, but it was worth the wait!
I struggled with what to put on the walls above the couch, but found these floating shelves at Pottery Barn and decided they were perfect! I still want to update the frames and photos on the shelves after we get our family photos done.
One aspect I absolutely love about our home is the fireplace... It's rounded into the corner of the family room and adds such great warmth (literally and figuratively). There is a part of me that is dying to white wash the brick, but I think I'm going to leave the original brick the way it is. The house was built in the late 60s and the fireplace is original, so I want to keep that character of the home.
Here's the before shot of the fireplace... It was tough figuring out what to hang over the hearth or put on the mantel. I'm still not 100% happy with what's there, but it works for now. I may end up adding a sunburst mirror there instead of the calligraphy art. (Please note baby Cam in his swing... he was maybe a month or 2 here?)