12 Days of Christmas Crafts // #7 Glitter Candle Jar

This week's DIY's are all about GLITTER!

{via}
 
Now, who doesn't love gold glitter? There have been so many fun DIYs with gold glitter on pinterest recently, I just had to try them out for myself! 
 
First up, gold glitter mason candle jar...Now, this one can be found all over pinterest and I kind of got the idea from {this} DIY with glass votives, but I'm trying mine with a mason jar {because I'm super trendy}...
 
 
What you'll need...
 
 
 
1. Tape around the jar to the shape you want the glitter to be placed. I picked a diagonal shape, which I thought would be fun and different. You could tape half of the jar or stripes or paint polka dots with the Mod Podge.
 
 
 
 2. Brush on Mod Podge to desired glitter area. Sprinkle on glitter. Make sure to do this on a large piece of scrap or newspaper so you can dump the extra glitter back into the tube of glitter. Don't waste any of the sparkle!
 
 
Let it dry for a few hours and then peal off the tape. You can use an Acrylic spray to seal the glitter. I didn't have any on hand so I used some strong hair spray! It works ok, but I may pick up some sealer spray just to double seal in the glitter.
 
And the result...
 
 
 
 What do you think? Pretty, right?! I may make a few more and use them for our Christmas tablescape!
 
More Christmas crafts to come {with glitter} this week!
 
Happy crafting!
 
 

2 comments

  1. Ahhh! So pretty! Love it. I'm going to do something similar for my wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this DIY!! definitely doing this tonight, thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!