12 Days of Christmas Crafts // #9 Glitter Letter Mantle Banner...

 
 
Hello lovelies! I'm back with yet another Christmas Craft! This one has been n my to-do list for a few weeks now and I'm so glad I completed it, because it really makes me so happy to see it when I walk into my apartment every day!
 
The roomie decorated the mantle {and did a fantastic job!} with items she has purchased over the past few years. I wanted to leave my little {sparkly} mark on it as well, so I decided to make a gold glitter letter "NOEL" banner. I got the idea from {this} and also {here}. I thought it would be a pretty easy project and I was correct!
 
Here's what you'll need:
 
1 // cardboard
2 // block letter printed from web source {I actually free handed mine!}
3 // scissors
4 // Elmer's glue
5 // sponge brush
5 // gold glitter
6 // ribbon {color of your choice, I used gold}
7 // hot glue gun
 
 
 
 
Step 1: cut letters out of cardboard
Step 2: brush glue on one side of letters
Step 3: sprinkle on glitter
Step 4: let letters dry for a few hours {I waited a day}
 
 
Step 5: hot glue top edge of letters to ribbon...
 
Step 6: spray with clear acrylic coating to seal in glitter...
 
 
Let it dry, and you're done!
 


 
So fun and easy!
 
More Christmas Crafts/DIYs to come later this week!
 
+++
 
FYI:
 
I will be taking a blogger day of silence tomorrow for Sandy Hook Elementary...Please visit this page to make a donation to the youth and families that have been effected by the tragedy in Newtown.
 
From the site:
 
"Newtown Youth and Family Services, Inc. is a licensed, non-profit, mental health clinic and youth services bureau dedicated to helping children and families achieve their highest potential. NYFS provides programs, services, activities, counseling, support groups and education throughout the Greater Newtown area.

ANY DONATIONS MADE TO NEWTOWN YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES WILL BE DONATED DIRECTLY TO THOSE EFFECTED BY THE SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SHOOTING."

1 comment

  1. this turned out great! glitter makes everything better!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!