DIY Rustic Centerpiece

Happy Friday bloggettes! I will leave you this week with a fun and easy DIY for a rustic themed center piece. I have been on the hunt for the perfect shiny gold spray paint to use for my wedding crafting and I think I have found it! I decided to try it out on one of our large Ball Mason jars that I have been using as a vase. Here are the results:
 
DIY Rustic Centerpiece  
 
Start with a large Mason jar:
 
mason jar
 
Now, here is the secret weapon...
 
 photo 0cdb7147-b3f8-4d48-95ee-aebf6989dc4b_zpsb4e57eb3.jpg
 
Krylon Premium 18 kt. Gold Plate metallic spray paint. This sprays on and dries with more of a bright yellow-y gold that I've been looking for. It is not as shiney as it claims, but does leave some sheen.
 
 photo fc83aa50-a9d9-4a0f-800b-157a03942f6e_zps0a84ee24.jpg

This is just after the first coat. I let it dry over night and sprayed it with a second coat the next day.

I filled the vase with my pretty white Ranunculus {If you follow my instagram, you know I'm obsessed with these flowers at the current moment}. Really any pretty white or ivory flowers would really pop against the gold vase. Some white Hydrangea would be pretty too!
 
 photo 155e7c1d-9b88-4faf-b3db-211a4571284a_zps7653d6dd.jpg
 
The burlap runner I got from Hobby Lobby for $12.99 for 15 feet. I have enough left over for another runner. If you were decorating round wedding tables, you could probably get about 3 runners out of this.
 
The wood slab is also from Hobby Lobby for $6.49. I'm sure you could get these much cheaper if you know someone that has extra wood they could saw into pieces.
 
The "L & B" wood letters are also from Hobby Lobby ($3.99 each) and I plan to incorporate these into our wedding decor :) For now, they live on our kitchen table.
 
If you wanted to use this for a wedding centerpiece idea, you could add a rustic looking wood table number (like the "L & B" letters) and add little votive candles all around to add some warmth.
 
 photo c5b0c660-345e-4e64-8a45-070a8b1e1fa8_zps53a3b34d.jpg
 
+++
 
On another note, we got our Save the Dates in the mail from Minted yesterday {If you follow my instagram, you will see what they look like}! I will be busy addressing this weekend!
 
I am also playing at yet another wedding ceremony tomorrow. Last one for the season!
 
I have some fun projects to share with you on the blog next week including a fun Cinco de Mayo tablescape! Have a lovely weekend!
 
 

1 comment

  1. Looks good! So glad that Louisa shared your blog with me. Looking forward to reading it more!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!