Lovely Links + A Winner!

Happy Friday lovelies! This week flew by! I have been busy with work, working out, cooking up a storm (as seen here) and practicing for a wedding next week...Practicing what you ask? Oh, guitar and singing :) I bet you didn't know that about me! I have been playing guitar for about 10 years and my good friend (actually, the MOH for my wedding) plays an amazing violin. We've been playing ceremony music for weddings the past 5 years. We started just playing for friends and family members, then word got out and couples started hiring us! It's a fun little hobby!
 
More on that when I post my "Five Things" next week (I was tagged by the lovely Morgan, check out her adorable blog here).
 
Let's get to the REAL news...The winner of my March Favs Giveaway and the new owner of these Stella & Dot earrings AND a Starbucks gift card IS.....{drum roll......}
 
 
 photo marchgiveaway_zpsf821d47b.png

BRIANA DEE!!!!
 
If that is your name, email me at lindsay@llstyling.com!

A BIG thank you to Meg Morosco, Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot! Check out more lovelies from S&D here. And don't forget to follow her on FB here for updates on new jewelry and discounts.

And now, I will leave you with some weekend reading via these lovely links:

1 // Looking to add some pop to your reception or event decor? Wedding Chics posted this featuring this awesome on-line vendor who specializes in event decor elements such as vases, parasols and paper poms... I will be browsing the site for my November wedding this weekend...

2 // I'm loving this Art Deco Glam wedding inspirational shoot posted on Ruffled! The colors of emerald (Pantone's color of the year), black and white pop off of the geometric patterns.

3 // You've got to check out this cute little DIY for bachelorette party pins from Mint Love Social Club! They turned out great and added a pretty/fun element to the party!

4 // Alright y'all...This is the one link that is REALLY inspiring me at the moment: I am Content: The Challenge...When I came across Nancy's post last week it gave me goosebumps! I have been a little out of control with the shopping recently and I really need to be focusing on saving for the wedding and paying down my current debt. I am a budget spreadsheet nerd and actually make an excel spreadsheet every month tracking my spending. I am usually pretty good at staying within my set budget, but the past few months have fallen in the red. I really need to refocus my spending habits and work on building my savings.

SO this is it! 3 months of NO SHOPPING!!! Can I do it? Yes. I do not need any new clothes or accessories for 3 months. Looking at my closet, I see plenty of options for outfits for the upcoming special occasions and for someone that works from home and wears sweatpants daily (I feel like I live in them), there's no need for new work clothes.

I am only restricting myself from clothes and accessories shopping. I will still need to buy gifts and little decor items for the wedding, etc. Baby steps... I will keep you updated on my progress!

Have a fantastic weekend! Hopefully, the sun is shining in your neck of the woods!

 

3 comments

  1. If Briana doesnt claim her prize, I will take them! :) hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy I won this prize! I just got the earrings in the mail today and they are beautiful- thanks for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!