Recently...

It's been a busy couple of weeks and it doesn't seem to be slowing down around these parts. I have some exciting things to share with you all in the near future (ie engagement photos, some DIY projects. etc) but, for now I will tide you over with a few snapshots of the recent haps.
 

Bill and I had a date night a few weeks ago at a new restaurant here in Columbus called the Pearl. It was delish! Their signature drink is the Moscow Mule and they are known for their oysters. Bill and I passed on the oysters, but had a delicious plate of lump crab and shared a few apps including fried cheese curds (better than they sound) and "Devils on Horseback" which are bacon wrapped Gruyere stuffed dates! SO GOOD!! I can't wait to go back and try the rest of the menu!
 
 
I had a very successful trip to Trader Joes recently. I decided that I want to branch out and try a few different kinds of wine and didn't want to break the bank. TJ's has some great deal on wine! I also picked up this beautiful bouquet of yellow Ranunculus!
 
 
Those sunny yellow Ranunculus found their home in my mason jar vase on my desk! They make me so happy when they greet me every morning! Move over Peony...there may be a new favorite flower!
 
 
Bill and I attended a rehearsal dinner for one of my friend's wedding this past weekend! I actually played guitar and sang for her ceremony with my friend that plays violin!
 
 
Had a fantastic time at the Wright Mann wedding...That's right, my friend's last name was Wright and her fiance's (now husband) last name is Mann...That joke was referenced through out the night! I love all the details of the navy and coral theme!
 
 
I found some fantastic fabrics on sale at JoAnn's yesterday! Pink and white pretties that I will be using for an upcoming bridal shower! Just wait and see what I have in store!
 
 
Bill and I have been trying to eat better and cook from home most nights. Last night I made this delish teriaky salmon with garlic mashed taters and green beans. The potatoes and green beans were canned from his parent's garden...so good!!
 
Not pictured:: I've been running outside! It's my favorite running season! It makes me so happy!
 
Today I am meeting with our photographer to get my engagement photo proofs! I'm so excited to see how they turned out.
 
Tomorrow evening my parents, Bill and I have a cake testing then we will be going out to dinner. Dessert then dinner, that's the way it should be, no?!
 
What have you been up to?

Follow all my instagrams {here}
 
 

1 comment

  1. I have been swooning over every picture you post of those flowers. They're SO pretty!! Looking forward to seeing a few peeks of your engagement photos. I'm sure they're gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!