Weekend Update


 photo collage_zps20293913.jpg

{Follow my Instagram feed here}

I had a wonderful Easter weekend! The sun was shining in Columbus, and we are so close to "no jacket" weather, which is my favorite time of year. This is also the best running outside weather which I also love and miss so much.
 
Friday - I added some fresh, yellow and sunny flowers to my mason jar vase on my desk and found a framed photo of Louie when he was just a fuzzy pup :) Bill and I went to the mall and found a few options for him for our engagement photos (my shopping has been done for weeks...guys leave everything to the last minute, no?). We attended Good Friday service and then had a nice quiet evening at home. We got our beauty rest for our engagement photos the next day...
 
Saturday - We went to Old Dublin for our engagement photos with the lovely Sarah Gaylor (Read more about her here)! I love this part of town because of all the cute little shops and there were plenty of brick and stone backdrops for photos. We also popped into Jeni's ice cream and got a few shots with ice cream cones (Jeni's ice cream is the bomb dot com if you haven't heard of it...She's kind of a local celebrity around these parts)! {Outfit in photo 2: Mint jeans from Francesca's, pink/peach blouse from Old Navy and nude peep toes from Target.}
 
After our glamour shots were done, Bill and I went to The Dublin Village Tavern to celebrate with beers and lunch. It's one of our favorite spots.
 
After the heavy lunch and beer, I needed a good pick me up before we made the 2 hour drive to Bill's hometown for Easter. I've been on a kick of making iced coffee. It's a great little afternoon treat! And of course, it tastes so much better in a mason jar with a pink striped straw :)
 
Sunday - We went to Bill's hometown church for Easter with his family. We had a nice bit potluck lunch with his extended family. His mom even made me an Easter basket :) It is a pretty big one too, filled with all kinds of candy and treats! I felt like a kid again :) {Photo 5 is Bill in his football gear from Junior year of HS... I love looking at old photos of him! He was so adorable! And would you not have a crush on him in HS? I love that he was trying to look tough :) }
 
How was your weekend?
 
I'm linking up with Sami and Leeann!
 
PS - Have you entered my Stella & Dot giveaway? If not, do yourself a favor and enter here! I will announce the winner this Friday!
 
 


4 comments

  1. Oooh, engagement pictures, how fun! We did ours a few years ago and I had such a fun time.

    Just found your blog through Sami's link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fun weekend! can't wait to see your engagement photos - woohoo!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ice cream cones in your engagement photos?! HOW ADORABLE. I can't wait to see them!!! It sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great Easter basket! Glad you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!