Layered Mexican Dip Recipe + Lovely Links

TGIF loves! Who's excited for the weekend? This girl sure is! I have no big plans for the first time in about a month and I'm looking forward to some serious down time, QT with the man, girl talk, enjoying the sun and perhaps some crafting! Is that not the perfect sounding weekend?
 
I want to leave you with a little recipe for my famous {well, actually I got it from my Mama ;)} layered Mexican bean dip. I made this for my little Cinco de Mayo fiesta I hosted with a few of my friends and we ate the entire 9 x 11 casserole dish of it by the end of the night! Yes, it is that good!
 

 photo 7bd93145-f207-49e5-babb-264762a4dfff_zps3cf0a842.jpg
 
Ingredients:
 
2 cans of Fritos bean dip {I find this in the chips isle on their own shelf with the Tostitos salsas}
 
3 tablespoons light sour cream
 
about 1/2 bag of finely shredded Mexican or Taco cheese
 
Optional:
 
chopped green onions and tomatoes
 
can also add sliced black olives {I'm not a big olive fan}
 
 
Directions:
 
Layer ingredients in order on a 9 x 11 glass casserole dish. You could sprinkle the tomatoes and green onions on either side to look like the Mexican flag {like pictured above}. You may want to refrigerate the dip for about an hour before serving or make sure all ingredients are refrigerated before layering if you are planning to serve immediately.
 
Serve with your favorite type of tortilla chips!
 
So easy and yet so delicious!
 
This recipe could easily be made more healthy if you use a black bean dip {my mom finds this at Whole Foods, but you should be able to find it at any health or organic food store}. You could also use non-fat greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
 
+++
 
If you are planning to attend a Derby party this weekend, make sure to stop by Mint Love Social Club for a delicious recipe for a Mint Love Julip and a free printable for some ever so cute Kentucky Derby jersey stirrers!
 
I think I may have to watch the Derby just for the excuse to use those stirrers!
 
Happy Weekend Loves!
 
 
 

2 comments

  1. Thanks so much for the link love! :)

    -Natalie X.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be using those for my "Mint Juleps and Margaritas" party this weekend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!