Tomato Mozzarella Grilled Cheese

I have been longing after {this pin} for a while now. I am a big fan of Panera's Tomato Mozzarella Panini, and this is a pretty close copy cat!
 
 
{Ingredients}
 
2 slices of Italian wheat or panini bread
 
a few thin slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
 
2 or 3 slices of fresh tomato
 
3 or 4 basil leaves
 
1 tsp. EVOO {extra virgin olive oil}
 
 
 photo bc2c967c-834a-4fba-98c2-c16a828bff0e_zps1b506ea9.jpg
 
{Directions}
 
Heat skillet or Panini press on medium and drizzle with oil. Allow oil to simmer and place 1 slice of bread, cheese, basil, tomato and top with last slice of bread. Cook for about 5 minutes, depending upon how brown you want your sandwich, then flip and cook additional 3 to 5 mins. Enjoy!
 
So quick, easy, healthy and delicious!
 
I used some fresh basil form my mini herb garden...
 
 photo 3f96521d-6a59-42f9-b49c-fd2718d96ebd_zps5a538574.jpg
 
 
This was an easy DIY with small clay pots that I painted with chalk board paint. I got the herb plants at Trader Joe's. They are getting so big, I may have to condense them into one big pot!
 
I'm linking up with Katie for Saw it, Pinned it, Did it. Hop on over and check out some more Pinterest inspired projects!
 
Check back tomorrow for my new Summer Cocktail series! :)
 

5 comments

  1. yum this looks so good! hopefully i will plant my basil soon. fresh herbs are the best.
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chalkboard pots! I'm so happy I have finally been able to put my herbs back outside- they seem so much happier than sitting in a window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! That looks so delicious! I'm a sucker for anything with fresh moz & basil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, that looks delicious! Second, I love your herb pots! I might even do a mini version for my window sill! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!