Uno de Mayo Goals!

Well, it's May! Can you believe it? The weather is finally feeling like Spring around these Columbus parts and I'm loving every minute of it {except my allergies are killing me, but trying to focus on the positive}.
 
I thought I'd start this month off with a little list of goals. I think it makes sense to start small, baby steps with goals so they don't seem so unattainable. So, I may be starting a monthly goal post for the 1st of the month.
 
First off, I do want to share some big news with you....I got a Camera! Nikon D5100! It's a beaut! After almost a year and a half of blogging, this has been on my wish list and I finally took the plunge. My blog has somewhat morphed into DIY and event projects that I like to capture and share, but the iPhone pics just weren't doing them justice. Please be patient with me while I learn to use this new beast! I'm excited to capture some fun images of my Cinco de Mayo dinner party tonight!
 
 
 photo 2a9253e1-1990-460e-844c-d2756341e95b_zps4e94501a.jpg
 
Ok, now back to the goals...
 
1 // Work out EVERYDAY...That's right, I said everyday. I have heard of this challenge called "Everyday in May" where someone ran every single day in the month of May. Well, I may not be running everyday, but the plan is to get at least a half an hour in of exercise a day. There should be no excuse to not save 30 mins a day to devote to my physical health and well being. No excuses!

2 // Prepare meals or at least have a meal plan every week. This is my biggest issue with dieting. Not that I'm on any kind of strict diet at the moment, but I am trying to be conscious of what I'm eating. Sometimes I forget about making lunch until my stomach starts to growl in the afternoon, but I don't want to stop what I'm working on to make anything. So, I end up just making something quick and dirty or going to Subway. Not that Subway is bad, but I would like to have a quick, easy and healthy meal at home if possible.

3 // No frivolous spending! The camera was the big purchase for the month {well, for the next few months!}. It is something I have wanted for a long time and finally felt like I could afford it. I am still on track for the NO SHOPPING FOR 3 MONTHS challenge and have not spent money on clothes or accessories in over a month. The only things I will be spending money on this month {besides the basics} are the upcoming shower I am helping to plan and style, any of my wedding needs and Mother's Day gifts :)

That's all I have for now...Not too bad, right?

What are your goals for May?

 
 

4 comments

  1. Okay, you're my hero....I need to get my butt in gear this month! I might have to take the meal planning and working out to heart :)

    xx,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the D5100 for Christmas, and I'm obsessed! You will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these goals! Mine are very similar!! Congrats on the camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals!! Did you work out yesterday?!!!! let us know how they go :)
    xoKatie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!