Weekend Review + Bacon Wrapped Party Appetizer Recipe

Another weekend flew by! We got some snow and sleet in Friday night, which made for a perfect cozy, lazy Saturday...

Friday night, Bill and I attended an ugly sweater Christmas party. I used some wire ribbon to tie a bow in my hair for some extra festive flair :)


I made one of my favorite holiday apps to bring to the party: bacon wrapped blue cheese stuffed dates! 
So yummy! 
{Recipe at the bottom of this post}


Saturday was a very lazy day. I had a lunch date with a friend and then spent the remainder of the day on the couch watching Mad Men on Netflix. At night, Bill joined me in my Netflix marathon for some Breaking Bad. We are really into the series and it is so hard to stop watching once you start! The series is so good! 


Plus, who wants to go out in the cold when you have this cozy environment at home :)

Sunday, we had a lunch date at Rooster's. I just love their wings!


I got a salad with BBQ wings thinking it would make me feel like I was eating healthy...

The rest of Sunday consisted of cleaning the house, organizing and getting items ready from my wedding to post on my Etsy shop! Stay tuned for more on that...

+++ 

Here is the recipe for my favorite party app:

Bacon Wrapped Blue Cheese Stuffed Dates
{from allrecipes.com}


You'll need:

* 1 pound of sliced bacon, cut in half
* 1 pound of pitted dates
* 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
* wooden toothpicks


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

Slice dates in half, and open them up. Pinch off pieces of blue cheese, and place them into the center of the dates. Close the halves of the dates, and wrap a half-slice of bacon around the outside. Secure each one with a toothpick. Arrange in a baking dish or on a baking sheet with sides to catch any grease.

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bacon is crisp. Turn dates over after the first 20 minutes for even cooking.

(I usually let them dry on a plate lined with a few layers of paper towels for a few minutes to soak up some grease.)

Serve warm on a festive platter! :)

+++

{All photos from my instagram feed}

I'll be back tomorrow with some ideas for Holiday Dresses!

xoxo, Lindsay





1 comment

  1. We had an ugly sweater party this weekend, too! They are my favorite party of the year -- love your hair bow!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!