2014 Goals

{Photo by Together We Click}

While at dinner with Bill this past New Year's Eve, we looked at each other, clinked our cocktail glasses and said "cheers to the best year of our lives!"

2013 was a fantastic year indeed. It is easy this time of year to look back on the past year and think about what you would have done differently, what you would like to change in your life and what you would like to work on.

I would not change a single thing from 2013. Yes, I could have done things a little differently...but, I am so pleased to say that it was my best year yet.

Instead of listing resolutions that will no doubt be broken or given up on by February, I have decided to list some goals of mine for the year. I have separated them into categories. I'm not sharing all of them as I like to keep parts of my life private. The ones I am sharing are the ones I think you will find most interesting.


HEALTH

This one is a given. Go to the gym at least 3 times per week. Get back into classes such as Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, Kickboxing and try Cycling for the first time.

Classes really help motivate me and keep me interested in my work outs. The great thing is that my gym offers them for free as part of the monthly fee. There is no excuse not to try them all! The only thing I have to do is plan ahead for the week which classes I want to take.

Speaking of planning, let's start planning our meals shall we! I am so bad with this... I know what I should be eating, but instead I just eat whatever left over junk that is in the house or order food... So bad!

I'm planning on getting into a routine for the week and using the weekend for my cheat meal(s). I think it is important to find a balance so as to not get burnt out from the healthy eating. I will be posting some of my healthy recipes soon!


TIME MANAGEMENT

This one is huge. I am such an ADD, fly by the seat of my pants person that I have to force myself to sit down and write lists every morning of what I need to accomplish for the day. I am obsessed with my planner and I would be lost without it.

It's so important to make sure we take time for health, well-being, relaxation, etc. I think that's where most of the time we fail (I'm saying we because I'm hoping you can relate here :) ).

One of my favorite sayings is "If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail."

So true, right?


THE BLOG

Yes, this little blog has a category all on it's own! As I have said countless times, I love blogging. It has provided me with a creative outlet and is such a stress release for me. I love reading blogs and finding new ones almost daily. They give me such a source of inspiration and joy. I love connecting with other bloggers too. It is such a supportive community and I want to give back.

I am planning to continue posting 4-5 times per week. As you can see from my links under my header, I am going to be focusing on DIY projects and crafts, entertaining and party styling, recipes and fashion. I will throw in a few personal posts here and there (like this one) and will also be posting photos and recaps from my wedding! I am so excited to share all the details from my wedding because I know for those of you that are engaged, blogs are such a great source of inspiration.


RELATIONSHIPS

Last, but certainly not least... The relationships in my life are the most important category to me. My friends, family and my husband are my most prized 'possessions'. I want to continue to nurture each relationship. Certain friends may require more attention than others (you know these types). I'm not a very needy person, so for me an email once a week or phone call is enough to keep in touch. However, I have grown to see the value in communicating with people more often. Actually picking up the phone instead of typing an email or shooting a text. Sending cards just because and writing letters is also a lost tradition. I would like to start sending these to friends and family to show I care.

+++

That's all I have for now without boring you to tears! I will also be working on projects around the house. I am planning on redecorating one room at a time. Right now I am working on our master bedroom and my office. I will post the results when I am finished!

Happy New Year and happy blank slate for 2014!

xoxo, Lindsay

8 comments

  1. I am the same way! I schedule my gym workouts like meetings. That is why classes are the only way I can succeed otherwise I'll find every excuse in the book not to go. Great list! Cheers to a fab 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! It's great for holding yourself accountable too! Thanks love!

      Delete
  2. That's a great idea to plan ahead on the classes- I should do that too! I am horrible with time management- I will be in the middle of something and get distracted and then go do something else!! I really need to focus on that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the planning is the hardest part. Once that's done for the week, I am gold!

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic photo - so happy for you guys and here's to a fantastic 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! There will be more wedding photos to come soon :)

      Delete
  4. You two are so so cute. Cheers to an amazing year ahead! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cheers to you too! xoxo, Lindsay

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!