Easy, Healthy Shredded Chicken Nachos

This will no doubt be one of the easiest and most delicious meals you will ever make!

Around the Rumple household, we are all about easy, healthy and delicious meals. 
I had a craving for shredded chicken nachos, so I decided to tackle it myself.
I found a really easy crockpot shredded chicken recipe (unfortunately, I did not pin it).


I'm convinced the only way to make really great shredded chicken is in the crockpot. 

EASY CHICKEN NACHOS

Ingredients:
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed, not frozen)
1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies
1/2 jar of your favorite salsa (I used Bill's mom's homemade salsa, so delish!)
1 can of water (using the empty Rotel can)

Your favorite tortilla chips (I used organic, no salt added blue corn chips)
shredded cheese (any kind you have left over in the fridge)
1/4 c. of corn
1/4 c. of black beans
1-2 tbsp of lite sour cream or non-fat Greek yogurt

Directions:
Pour the Rotel, water and salsa in the crockpot. Add the chicken beast and stir sauce so that it covers the chicken. Set crockpot on low and cook for 5-6 hours. Once chicken is cooked, start shredding the chicken with 2 large forks in the crockpot. The chicken should fall apart easily by now. Continue shredding until there are no large chunks.


On a large plate, place tortilla chips to cover the plate in one layer. sprinkle shredded cheese over the chips. Microwave the chips and cheese for about a minute or until cheese is completely melted. Add shredded chicken to the top of the cheesy nachos (use a slotted spoon or fork to strain extra liquid form the chicken). Then layer on the corn, black beans, sour cream and add a tbsp or 2 of left over salsa. 

Serve and enjoy! You may need extra chips on hand!


Bill and I absolutely loved this. Great comfort food and you don't feel guilty eating them.
You could also use this recipe for chicken tacos. 

We had enough left over that we made this 3 times in one week!

I'm back tomorrow with a little home office makeover update!

xoxo, Lindsay

3 comments

  1. Totally made a similar recipe this weekend! So easy and got good reviews from the man gallery so that means it is a keeper! I definitely need to register for a new crock pot....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that comes from a crockpot is a winner in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We make that chicken in the crockpot all the time, I add a package of taco seasoning too. It's so good on nachos, salads, tacos and quesadillas! And so simple :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!