Healthy, Easy Asian Inspired Salad Recipe

Happy Monday! 

Today I am sharing with you a very easy and healthy Asian inspired salad recipe.
This is one of my favorite salads ever and I actually crave it from time to time.
It is a recipe that is derived from the Body For Life recipe book. 
I started making this salad years ago and I have made it so often, 
that I can make it by heart and not need to look at the recipe.


I have mixed up the ingredients a little and added toasted almond slivers for more crunch, 
protein and health benefits. You can also add cooked or grilled chicken to this salad. 


INGREDIENTS 
{serves 2-4}

Salad
1 bag of cole slaw (shredded cabbage and carrots) mix
2 green onions chopped
2/3 c. of La Choy chow mien noodles
1/2 c. of toasted almonds
1 c. of cooked or grilled chicken (optional)

Dressing
1 tbsp of rice vinegar
1 tbsp of lite soy sauce
1 tsp of sesame seed oil (can do lite/low fat)
1/2 tsp ground ginger



STEP 1 // Toss the slaw mix with the chopped green onion in a large bowl. 

STEP 2 // Add chow mien noodles and toasted almonds. To toast the almond slivers, 
lay flat on a baking sheet and bake for 10 mins (or until almonds turn golden brown) 
in oven on 350. 


STEP 3 // Mix dressing ingredients in a liquid measuring cup or salad dressing container using a fork to whisk. Taste dressing to see if you need to add anything to balance out the taste. 


STEP 4 // Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve! 

It's that easy! 


I promise you will want to make this salad all the time!
So easy and healthy!

xoxo, Lindsay



5 comments

  1. I absolutely love chow mein noodles, so anything with them in it gets my vote. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good, aren't they? I could eat them straight as a snack.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love Asian food especially making it at home to control the calories! That recipe looks delish! I recently got a vegetable spiral maker and those would be great added to that salad :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!