Monday, February 10, 2014

How to Edit Your Instagram Photos

Happy Monday!

Another lazy, snowy weekend has flown by! 
Not much to report on the events that occurred.
Bill and I had a fabulous dinner at the Macaroni Grill Friday night.
Saturday was filled with chores and taking Bill to the airport to send him off to Orlando 
for work (lucky dog!). I wish I could have gone with him!
Yesterday, I got to meet one of my friends' brand new baby boy! 
I love little new born snuggles... So precious!

+++

Today, I wanted to share with you how I edit my IG photos.
I've had a few people ask me how I edit them, so I thought I would share with you
the apps I use for photo editing.
First, snap a photo of what you would like to share on your iphone.
The photo on the left shows you what a typical photo might look like.

Next, download the app Afterlight

This is the main app I use to edit all my photos.
I use the app to brighten my photos, crop, add borders, add filters and it also 
has options for 'light leak' filters (like the photo above on the right, gives it a little light 
streak on the left side).

Here are some screen shots of the app:




There are a lot of great filters to use as well.
My favorite is one called "Breeze" to give my photos a bright / warm feeling.

Another app I love to use is called A Beautiful Mess.


I use this app to add text to my photos, like the one below:


There are so many fonts and all different colors you can use.
You can also position the text anyway you want.
The app also has different borders and "doodles" you can add.



Those are the 2 most used photo editing apps I use.


Happy Monday!

5 comments :

  1. I have an almost identical post sitting in my drafts for this week...great minds! I love seeing what people use for their instagram pictures!! I use the afterlight too...I also love to use camera+ , whitagram (for sizing), and rhonnadesigns! So many ones to love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! I love editing my pics on my phone and didn't know about these apps!

    ~Amanda
    Meet @ the Barre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Def going to go get afterlight... Thanks for the tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the app tips! I've just downloaded both and have made me a new picture for my blog :D Thanks! xoxo

    gemstrends.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi llstyling,

    I have just sent you a message through email regarding our project.
    We MyTaste.com one of the biggest recipe search engine in United States and in the world, would like to invite your blog to be featured on our site and make your recipes available to many people.

    If you like it, you can join through this link www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog.

    This is one way to share your recipes to the world and it can also help you to increase your blog traffic.
    Full information has been sent to your email.

    Kind regards,

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!

Pin It button on image hover