Wedding Wednesday: The Dress

It's been a while since I've posted anything about our wedding. 
I've decided to keep the posts going in order of events of the special day.
If you didn't catch my last wedding post, it was all about getting glammed up in the morning. 

After the hair was curled and sprayed; after the make up was flawless and lashes were on, it was time to put on THE dress!

You can read the full story of how I found my dress here.

The designer of my dress is Priscilla of Boston, of whom I had never heard of before shopping for a bridal gown. The bridal consultant told me she was THE wedding dress designer even before Vera Wang started making wedding dresses.

After doing a little on line research, I come to find that P.o.B. has been around since 1945 and that she designed a wedding dress for Grace Kelly when she married the Prince of Monaco in 1956...


The dresses were the first of it's kind, to be worn with no girdles, braziers or 
(more modernly) even spanx! 

I knew I wanted a dress that was different, but fit my sense of style.
I didn't want it to be too "poofy" or ball-gown style.
I also didn't want it to be too form fitting or sheath.
I tried on a few strapless dresses and I just felt uncomfortable;
as if I would be pulling it up all night.
I tried a few on with halters and lace necklines, but they felt too heavy on top.
The moment I tried on this dress, I fell in love with the delicate crystal straps.
I loved the vintage look to the detailed straps, ivory colored pure silk fabric and the silk covered buttons that lined the entire back seam of the dress.
The sweetheart neckline flattered my curves and the fabric hugged in all the right places.

The only time I let the train out was during the ceremony.
The rest of the time it stayed bustled in the back. 

Fun fact: My veil was my "something borrowed!"
The crystal detail and the scalloped hem went perfectly with the style of my dress.
My friend bought it for her wedding several years ago,
and since then there have been 4 of us that have worn it for our weddings!
I just handed it off to the next in line, getting married in May!
It's our "sisterhood of the traveling veil" story :)

All photos above by Together We Click.

More wedding photos to come!

xoxo, Lindsay

11 comments

  1. Your dress is gorgeous!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog last Friday! I was out of town all weekend and have just now had a chance to get back on the computer. SO sad I missed your adorable giveaway. I'll have to check out that etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priscilla of Boston is my dream designer....I am so bummed they went out of business. I can remember as a girl window shopping on Newbury Street in Boston.....you looked gorgeous! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found mine at a local boutique in Columbus, Oh! You may be able to find one near you! They are still out there :)

      Delete
  3. You look absolutely gorgeous! And that dress is perfection - I can't wait to pick my wedding dress out (speaking of I need to get on that)!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. You looked stunning on your wedding day!! Priscilla of Boston made some wonderful dresses - I remember going to their store on Newbury when my sister was dress shopping as a teenager and being in awe!! Beautiful look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have seen her store in person! I bet it was gorgeous! xoxo, Lindsay

      Delete
  5. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look Gorgeous! I love all the embellishments!(Especially the crystal hairband). I wish I had thought of that one lol. The veil tradition is really sweet.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow wow wow awesome wedding pictures.. i like very much these wedding photographers.my wedding planner mobile app used to download these kinds of wedding photographes.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!