Cilantro Lime Shrimp Tacos


Today, I want to share with you an easy, healthy recipe for cilantro lime shrimp tacos.

This recipe was derived from the Pioneer Woman's recipe for Shrimp Tacos
I made a few short cuts by buying a pre-shredded bag of cabbage (slaw mix) instead of making my own and I nixed the jalapenos because I am a wimp when it comes to spicy food!

Here's what you need:

For the cilantro lime slaw

1/2 bag of slaw mix / shredded cabbage and carrots
1 small bunch of fresh cilantro (chopped)
lite mayo (about 1- 2 tbs)
splash of milk
splash of white wine vinegar
pinch of salt and sugar (I used 1 packet of Truvia)
sprinkle of cayenne or chili powder
Juice from 1/2 of a lime

Mix all the above ingredients together to make the slaw.

For the shrimp

Use about 1/2 lbs of uncooked, tails removed, de-veined shrimp (I found in the seafood freezer section)
Thaw the shrimp in the fridge over night. De thaw in the microwave if needed before cooking.
Lightly oil a frying pan and set on medium heat.
Add the thawed shrimp and saute for a few minutes until pink or opaque. 
Add some taco sauce and about a tsp of chili powder, cayenne pepper or cumin for flavor. 
Stir and saute for a few minutes until sauce covers shrimp completely. 

To Serve

Use some romain lettuce leaves for the lettuce tacos.
Place lettuce leaves on a plate and fill with a spoon full of the slaw mix.
Top with a few of the shrimps.
Add a lime wedge on the plate for some extra zing!

There you have it!
Easy, healthy and SO tasty! 
Enjoy!


2 comments

  1. That looks amazing!! Thank you for sharing this recipe!

    Like The Yogurt Fashion. DIY. Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me sold on cilantro lime! I love anything cilantro lime... hello Chipotle rice?!? :) Yum!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!