Engagement Party + Weekend Projects

Happy Monday!

I had a very eventful weekend to say the least. Bill and I hosted an engagement party for his brother and fiance on Friday night. We rented out the space above Park Street Tavern for the event. Those that live in Columbus, this was a great venue for a party! We worked with their caterer and the food was great and so was the service! The pricing for food was not bad either. I highly recommend it for a party of 30 - 100 guests.

I had a lot of fun crafting for the engagement party, of course :)


I got the block letters from Michael's and added the flower appliques. The napkins are from Party City and straws are left overs from other events :) Their wedding colors are going to be navy and a light pink, so I wanted to keep with that theme. 


I also had fun making this "engaged!" banner using my circle cutter and chalk marker. I glued the circles to lace ribbon and added the flower appliques. Made for a great photo opp!


I made these ball jar center pieces for the tables using burlap and lace. I filled them with water and added a floating candle. They turned out really pretty! 


Bill made a fantastic speech in honor of his brother and his fiance, Angie. 
A great time was had by all!

+++

Some other fun projects that we completed over the weekend:


We got our new dining room chairs! They are from Value City Furniture of all places. We have been scouring different furniture stores for the right chairs and when we found these, we bought them on the spot. They were delivered the same week! 

Can't wait to share more home decor projects with you all very soon! 
You can follow my home decor projects by using the #rumplehouse on instagram or follow my instagram feed for more :)


We also got a few potted plants for the front porch and I bought some herbs to make a mini herb garden! Bill plated them for me in a big black pot. I got chives, cilantro, basil and candy mint! The mint and basil are so fragrant! I can't wait to use them!

I'm linking up with Leeann!



That's all for now! How was your weekend?


8 comments

  1. You did such a great job putting together the details of the engagement party!! I am obsessed with the chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeiously, you are SO talented! All of the little details and touches that nobody else would think to add. Great job! Looks like you had a fantastic weekend. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had such a fun time at the engagement party and I LOVE the chairs! Furniture shopping is so much fun, and I am currently on the hunt for dining room chairs myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness everything is so cute!! Glad you had a fabulous weekend!! xoxo (glad I found your blog too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you are so creative! I love all the details you did for the engagement party! Your chairs are seriously amazing! Absolutely LOVE them with your table! Gorgeous!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the link up! What a lovely party! You really pulled everything together so nicely! That banner is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loveeeee your new dining room chairs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely know how to throw a beautiful party!!! I love those dining room chairs!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!