Bump-Date // Weeks 0 - 12

It's my first Bump-Date! :)

I have been following along with a few pregnancy blogs and am so excited to join in on the Bump-Date fun! 

For those of you who are wondering, no this will NOT turn into a 100% pregnancy/baby blog. It just so happens that this is what is going on in my life and what I am thinking about mostly. So, for the time being, yes I will be posting 1 - 2 times per week about baby/pregnancy stuff. However, rest assured that I will continue posting my fashion finds, recipes, home decor and randomness from my life. 

With that said, WOW is there a lot to know about being pregnant. I am lucky to have a group of close friends that have all gone through pregnancy and having their first child to go to for guidance and advice. 

We found out we were pregnant on March 30, 2014. This was the same week we got Charlie! A little stressful to say the least, but we were planning to get pregnant so it wasn't too much of a surprise. 

For the first few weeks, I felt just fine. I even remember telling my doctor n my first visit that "I don't feel nauseous?!" HA! That would surely change!

Around week 6, I started to feel nauseous and the fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks! I found myself taking naps in the middle of the day and I am NOT a napper!

The nausea got worse and worse as the days went on. The mornings were not that bad, but around the afternoon/evening is when it really started to set in. I had to keep snacking through out the day to make myself feel better. I also always needed an ice cold drink by my side to sip on. 

The night time was the worst (still is while I am writing this at 12 weeks). Around 8:30 - 9pm I would start to feel soooo nauseated to the point where all I could do was lie down. In the beginning I would sip on ginger ale to help. Then, I started getting an aversion to carbonated beverages, so I switched to iced water with lemon.

There are a lot of little tricks I've found that help with nausea through out the day. Maybe I write a separate post just about these findings!

NOTE: I know this sounds like I am complaining a lot (which I am), but we could not be happier about this new addition in our lives! We are so blessed to be pregnant and to be able to share the joy of adding to our family!

Without further adieu, here are my first "bump" photos:

{dress (similar)- H&M}

This was my first attempt at a selfie "bump" pic. I feel as though I look a little awkward... I swear I will get better at this!


{dress - Gap}

At 11 weeks I felt as though I was starting to show. It feels like you are really bloated, but you can't suck in and spanx are not an option lol! Thank goodness it is maxi dress season!


{dress - Francesca's}

How far along:  12 weeks!

Baby size: Plum :)

Baby's progress: Baby is about 2 inches long. He/she has developed fingers and toes and even finger nails! Head to body ratio right now is 1:1. Baby was moving around a lot during our last ultrasound!

Weight gain: I haven't really paid too much attention to the scale recently, but last dr appt I believe I was already up 6 lbs! :/

Stretch marks: Nothing yet! I got some Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. I better start using it!

Sleep: Yes! My new bedtime is 9 - 10pm and I usually sleep in until about 7:30 - 8am... It is glorious!

Gender: Don't know yet... Can't wait to find out! I'm thinking boy, Bill is thinking girl. We will see who's right :)

Movement: None yet. Although, we did see our little peanut move a lot during the last ultrasound this past Friday!

Best moment this week: Finding a serve yourself frozen yogurt place close to my house (see food cravings below). Going to First Watch for brunch twice this week, they have the best decaf coffee around! Also, getting a mani / pedi... I'm all about pampering myself! Oh, and seeing the little peanut on the ultrasound machine! Made it even more real!

Looking forward to: Finding out the gender!!! Also, getting out of the 1st trimester and getting more energy. And no more nausea please :/

Food cravings: strawberry frozen yogurt with rainbow sprinkles (I've had this everyday for the past 5 days...), fruit, fruit juices (I have a big glass of OJ every morning), ice cream... Nothing too salty which is weird for me... I'm usually a salty person!

Weirdest food I ate this week: Nothing really out of the ordinary??

Anything making you queasy or sick: brushing my teeth! I hate the toothbrush and I hate the taste of toothpaste! Also, the smells from my face lotion and face whipes... I think I have to find some that are unscented. 

Labor signs: too early!

What I miss: COFFEE!!! I thought this one would be alcohol for sure, but I haven't really missed it. I miss feeling normal and having energy throughout the day. 

Symptoms: Nausea pretty much all day then gets worse at night. Have not actually thrown up yet (knock on wood), but could totally pull the triger at any moment. Being sooo tired in the afternoon and evening. I am taking naps after work if I can. Hungry all day long. I eat little bits through out the day. 

Workouts: HA! Do walks with Charlie count? Really though, I should be doing more. I do squats when I'm curling my hair? 

Things that suck: Feeling sick everyday. I described it to Bill as feeling hungover everyday, but not having the benefit of drinking the night before. He was like "wow, that's horrible" :)

Things that don't suck: Seeing the little peanut move around on the ultrasound!! Finally telling all our friends and family and feeling so much love and support! This little baby is going to be so loved!!

That's all for this week's Bump-Date! 

PS - If you are pregnant and have a blog or know of any pregnancy blogs I should follow, please list them in the comment section below! I love finding new mommys and mommys-to-be!

10 comments

  1. so happy for you friend!!!! you look adorable! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little bump!! My biggest fear about pregnancy is the nausea....it's delusional I know - but such a scary thing to me!! I can only imagine how fun it was to finally let the secret out - your parents must be so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you!!! Ah this time is so exciting! I sure do hope you start feeling better soon! All these little aches and pains and things we go through will ALL be worth it in the end...that's what I keep telling myself! You look great, girl! And I LOVE your blue/green dress from Franny's!

    If you haven't read it already, read Jenny McCarthy's Belly Laughs. It is HYSTERICAL and will make you see pregnancy on a lighter note. I read it a couple of weeks ago but I SO wish I would have read it in the first trimester when I was still learning all these new things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww your little bump is so cute!! I hope you start to feel better soon, I can't imagine feeling like that all the time! Can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the worst nausea with my first pregnancy- I found that I had to eat small meals through out the day instead of big meals. This is my second time around. I feel so different and only had about 3 weeks of nausea. Also it's totally ok to complain during pregnancy- your body is going through crazy changes and it takes some getting used to :) Your little bump is so cute- just wait until it really pops out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!! I just saw your comment on Steph's blog and came over to see your bumpdate! I hope your sickness lets up soon. During my first trimester, I (luckily) didn't have sickness...but I slept ALL THE TIME. And, I second the Jenny McCarthy book - I read it last weekend and it was so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on your baby!! it is such an exciting time in your life and bump updates are always so fun to read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh!!! This is so exciting!! I have been out of blog land for the past few weeks and when I saw this I let out a little squeal for you!!! Can't wait to follow along on this new adventure! Xo

    You look amazing, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being pregnant!!! It's truly amazing. You will be SO happy you are documenting these bump dates because you won't believe how fast you forget this stuff! I just had my first baby last June and I was so happy that I documented everything!! I can't wait to follow along on your pregnancy journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, congrats again girly! You are looking gorgeous and I think everyone's bump pictures are my absolute fave! If it makes you feel any better about being nauseous, I've learned in my one million (okay, maybe five) development classes that no nausea is actually something to worry about and being nauseous is actually healthy!

    xo Kylie
    www.dressinsparkles.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!