Kale & Cranberry Salad with Sweet Onion Dressing

I have been meaning to post this simple salad recipe for a while now. I made this for a cookout last weekend and it was a hit!


A while ago, I had the tastiest kale and cranberry salad from our local Giant Eagle Market that I wanted to try to recreate myself. The dressing was sweet and when mixed with the kale, dried cranberries and walnuts, it was like a party in my mouth! 

I found this bag of shredded kale, broccoli and cabbage from Trader Joe's that I thought would work perfect for my recreation. 

I dumped the whole bag of shredded greens (washed) into a large serving bowl.
Then, added some dried cranberries, candied walnuts and chopped pears. 
To top off the salad, I used Marzetti's Sweet Onion dressing. 

You could also add some cooked chicken or blue cheese to add some protein.

Note: If you are making this for a get together, it's best to chop and add the pears and the dressing right before you serve. 

And there you go! My new favorite Summer salad!



Enjoy and Happy Weekend!

5 comments

  1. I love when I find a pre-chopped salad - Dole makes some great ones as well!! I can see why the salad was a hit - looks so good!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This not only sounds amazing but it looks so pretty! All the colors are great! Happy Friday!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous Salad! Found your blog through the linkup! :) Happy to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This salad looks delicious!! We are getting a Trader Joe's where I live and I am ecstatic!! I've never been but I've heard so many great things.
    -Leslie
    www.withloveleslie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I'm a huge fan of Trader Joe's - they have some of the BEST dressings!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!