Awesome Pregnancy Moments // Trimester #1

It is true that there are many moments during my first trimester that I felt uncomfortable, sick and tired. However, there have been so many moments that make up for this short term discomfort and have made me realize how lucky I am to be pregnant. 

1 // Telling our parents... This was the best moment of pregnancy by far! We told both sets of parents the weekend of Mother's Day. We framed this photo and put it in a gift bag. We made our mothers open this gift last and they both had the same reaction... Loud screams of joy, followed by lots of hugs and both our dads teared up a little!

2 // My first Mother's Day... The thought had not even crossed my mind that it was my first mother's day on May 11, 2014. I woke up in the morning to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers and the sweetest card from Bill. The gesture completely melted my heart!


3 // Seeing little peanut on the ultrasound... Not gonna lie, these ultrasound photos used to creep me out. People will post them on facebook and share them with everyone! To me they all looked the same... Now that it's my little peanut in there, I love looking at him/her!!! I have a copy of the most recent one in my purse at all times. I take it out and look at it whenever I feel like I need to remind myself why I feel fat/tired/nauseous/overwhelmed... And then, it all makes sense and all those negative thoughts just slip away :) 

4 // Buying baby clothes... Yes, I already have a shopping problem and I don't even know what the gender is yet! I can only imagine how much worse this addiction is going to get once I know if it's a boy or a girl... 


5 // Having an excuse to eat ice cream &/or fro yo everyday... Baby wants fro yo? Baby gets fro yo!! this has been my go to craving everyday!!


6 // Celebrating the end of trimester #1... It is the last week of my 1st trimester and I am starting to feel physically a lot better. Not as much nausea. If I do feel it, it's only right before I go to bed. Still tired, but that is getting better too. Bill and I went on a date night this past weekend and I enjoyed a "mocktail"!! I even stayed out until almost 10 pm! Whoo hoo!


7 // Feeling so much love and support from friends and family... This is up there too with the best moment. After telling our close friends and family, there was a overflow of love and support. We got so many cards in the mail and little gifts. My brother gave me the most beautiful bouquet of tulips that lasted a long time! Also, talking to friends that have had babies or are pregnant has been so wonderful. I'm lucky to have such a great support group!


{Follow me on instagram here}

There you have it. It truly is one of the best feelings in the world! 
I can't believe I'm already almost 1/3 of the way to my due date!
I'll be back tomorrow with my 13 week "Bump-Date"!

2 comments

  1. Awww that is the cutest way to tell your parents! And yay for getting to buy cute baby stuff! Congrays on being almost 1/3 of the way through! It's going to fly by! :)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful moments!! I can only imagine how fantastic telling your parents was...that will probably be the most exciting part for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!