It's a BOY!!!


Sorry for not posting yesterday, but I was recovering Sunday after a long weekend!

Saturday we spent most of the day hosting a garage sale. Last weekend, we spent all day Sunday cleaning out our basement and gathered items to sell. We got new shelves and plastic bins to organize everything. It was so nice to get rid of all the cardboard boxes!

We sold a lot of stuff, but there is still a lot we need to either sell or donate. That is the next to-do this week. 

After the garage sale, we had both sets of parents and Bill's brother and fiance over for dinner. My plan was to have dinner and cut a gender reveal cake (cake is pink or blue inside) for dessert!

Our gender appointment was on Friday and we received an envelope from our doctor which was sealed so we could not peek!

I brought the envelope over to my friend's house who was planning on making the cake for us. It was so hard to wait over 24 hours knowing that the sex of our child was determined and someone knew what it was other than me! But, it was completely worth the wait and seeing everyone's reaction when we cut into the cake.

{our little man's 17 week ultra sound! I love that his little mouth is slightly open :) }

{the amazing and delicious gender reveal cake that my talented friend made!}

See the short video clip of us cutting into the cake here.

On Sunday, Bill and I grabbed some brunch down in the Short North and stopped by a store called Homage that sells vintage style t shirts and tanks. I just had to buy little baby boy's first Ohio themed outfit!


Don't worry... Bill bought the matching t shirt!

{Follow me on instagram here}

*Have you entered in the Pink Blush Maternity Giveaway? You have a few more days!

9 comments

  1. Congrats!! Your friend did an amazing job on the cake. I did gender reveals for two of children. I made the cakes though. That must have been so exciting having everyone find out together! It was so hard for me to not accidently give it away before the party and both times I found out the day before lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you thru Katie's blog, congrats on Team Blue! The cake looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, congratulations mama!!! Loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! We just found out we're having a girl! Living in Cincinnati & loving the Ohio onesie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, yay!!!! Congrats on your sweet baby BOY!! Just watched the video... Soo sweet!! I noticed you were wearing blue!! Did you expect a boy? Or was it just by chance that it's what you wore?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that cake idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the BOY!!! Boys are a ton of fun/entertainment... (according to my nephew)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I'm having a boy too. and that cake looks simply delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited for you all!! Little boys are so much fun and they love their mamas so much! Your friend is so talented- that cake looks awesome

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!