My Favorite Faux Tanning Products

I don't have much time these days to lie out in the sun
and to be honest, I'm at the age where I worry more about my skin.
When I do get to sun bathe, I typically wear a pretty high spf on my face 
and about 30 all over my body.

I do, however, love that bronzed "glow" in the Summer time.
It makes you look leaner, and more active and just makes every outfit look better!
I found found a list of products over the years that have helped me 
achieve this glow without the harmful effects of UV rays.


Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer | This one I use almost everyday and after I get out of the shower. It leaves a great tint of color and helps me feel not so "transparent" looking. 
They have a new formula that has a not-so-strong scent. I like that this one is safe to use daily.


Sally Hansen Salon Airbrush Legs | This one I have used a few times and is great for tanning your legs if you need to wear a dress or skirt. The trick is to coat your legs evenly and not to get any on your ankles or the bottom of your feet bc it will stain darker than the rest of your legs. I would spray all over my thighs, knee area, calves and just the top of my feet for a more natural look.


L'Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Tanning Towelettes | These I use if I need a more significant tan
in a short amount of time and I don't have the time or $$ to get a spray tan. The trick is to apply the towelette all over your body after you have showered and moisturized. Let your moisturizer dry before you apply the towelette. I have tried more expensive tan towels, and this one is just as good. One towelette goes a long way! 




Face Bronzer | The only tanning product I use on my face is bronzer. I apply my Covergirl BB Cream first that has spf. Then, I follow with loose powder and bronzer. I actually use a bronzer from H&M that I've had for a while, but wouldn't mind branching out to try a few different ones. For me, it's all about the tint. This Physicians Formula Bronze Booster has a nice pinkish/tan tint that would match my skin tone better than most bronzers. I apply my bronzer with a large facial brush on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. 

If I have a special occasion, I typically opt for the spray tan.
For those of you that have not had a good spray tan, it does wonders!
The trick is to find a salon or someone that really knows what they are doing. 
It's great because they last up to a week (at least for me).

I'm linking up with Zelle, Katie, Kristina and Amanda for Trending Tuesday.

What are your favorite faux tanning products?

8 comments

  1. I love bronzer and am currently using Hoolah by benefit - so good! I've used Jergen's in the past but not their new formula - so I'm going to have to give that a try! I love the look you get from a tan, just don't want to fry myself outside to get it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try the Jergens again now that they've changed the scent - I couldn't handle it before! I've been using St. Tropez's face bronzing lotion this summer and it is amazing! It's the only product I've found that doesn't mess with my sensitive skin on my face at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Sublime tan stuff! And maybe I'll give the Jergens stuff a try. I tried it when it first came out but wasn't impressed.

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried the Loreal sublime glow everyday lotion- I think it works better and smells better than the jergens. I'm all into faux tanning products but I've been spending so much time outside this summer with my little guy that I'm actually getting a good tan, even with my 30 plus SPF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to give those tan towelettes a try next winter. I have never gotten a spray tan (seen too many bad effects) but would like to keep a little color around when it gets cooler out. Thanks for the tips :)

    Kristina
    medicineandmanicures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. those tanning wipes are AWESOME. my mom tried them and said she had a horrible experience, but i absolutely love them. they are so freakin easy and totally usable in the winter. thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used Jergens when I was in high school but didn't really like the smell - I will have to check it out now!! I remember really liking the subtle and natural color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have used the Jergens and the Sublime Bronze -- and I just love bronzer! thanks for sharing your picks! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!