Thoughts for Thursday

What I've learned so far about being pregnant


Keeping a secret | Keeping your pregnancy a secret for almost 2 months is horrible. You just want to shout it from a roof top, but only you, your spouse and your doctor know about it. 

Everybody and every BODY is different | You may or may not experience the same symptoms as your friends or people you know that may be pregnant. During my first trimester, I had horrible nausea (thankfully, never got sick) all day and night. I felt tired all the time. Had some food and smell aversions (and still do). Some women experience no symptoms at all besides a growing belly. 

Don't freak out | It's ok if you are or are not experiencing symptoms. That doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong. It is just your body's way of reacting to the changes that are occurring and the increased levels of hormones. 

Embrace the bump! | In the beginning, I felt as though I was just gaining weight and felt bloated all the time. As time went on, I could actually feel a little bump that I could not suck in. I knew that it was my little baby growing! It is a great feeling to know your baby is growing. 

Don't compare the bump | I am guilty of this! I know everybody is different. So why do I compare my bump to other pregnant women? I think it is natural to wonder how other's are looking, growing, etc. But, do not get caught up in "who's bigger or smaller." Just be happy you have a healthy growing baby!

Take advice with a grain of salt; don't get overwhelmed | It seems as soon as people know you are pregnant, they want to give you advice. Don't get me wrong, I will take all the advice I can get in this matter. However, like I've said above, every BODY is different and every pregnancy is different so don't expect yours to be the same. I have absorbed a lot of information that people have provided as well as researched on my own. Your best resource? Your Doctor!! Write down all your questions and concerns and bring them to your doctors appointments. He/She will have a wealth of knowledge for you.

Enjoy your pregnancy! | I have finally gotten to the point where I feel as though I am enjoying being pregnant. The 1st trimester symptoms are gone. I have an appetite again and more energy. I am loving this time before I get too huge! 

+++

And now... The winner of the Pink Blush Maternity Giveaway is.....

Jenny Ayers!!

I will be emailing you shortly to receive your e-gift card! Congrats!

Thank you to everyone who entered!

I'm linking up with Home of Malones and East Coast Chic for Thoughts for Thursday!

4 comments

  1. I had the wackiest dream last night that I had a baby! So vivid it was crazy!! I think keeping the secret will be hard - I'll want to tell my mom for sure!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this is so true (I just had my third three weeks ago). With
    Three my first two pregnancies were so similar and the last complete different! Congrats to you!! It is such an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up!! I agree with all of these! My second pregnancy has even been so much different from my first! Also don't stress about the weight gain- that's always hard but you're body is just doing what it needs to do. I've gained less weight this time but my bump is huge- it's so weird. The secret keeping is hard too- the whole hiding not drinking is always hard for me! You look adorable by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping it a secret would be the hardest part!! I have no idea how people do it if they aren't feeling well?! No way I could hide being sick all day, every day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!