Weekend Recap

Just another relaxing summer weekend that flew by!

Friday night Bill and I went to the Movie Tavern for dinner and saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. It was a little more action packed than I expected! But, the story line was pretty good.

I met up with a few friends at one of my favorite places for breakfast/brunch called La Chatelaine Saturday morning. It was so nice to have some girl time and catch up over my favorite spinach and swiss quiche. 

Saturday afternoon was spent running errands, cleaning the house, grocery shopping and meal planning for the week. I knew I was going to be busy on Sunday, (we had plans to go to Bill's parents' house for the day) so I wanted to get everything done on Saturday.


My plan is to start planning our meals every week. I have been really lazy with cooking and this pregnancy brain just goes straight to bad-for-you cravings around dinner time. I figure if I have a plan in place, I will be better with my eating habits. 


I made grilled apple chicken sausage and veggies for dinner on Saturday and it was delish! I just love grilled squash, zucchini, peppers and onions! I could eat them everyday!


Sunday we drove to Rockford (little town in west Ohio where Bill grew up) to Bill's parents house for a little Summer get together. The weather was sunny and hot!

I got to see and play with my little niece, Evelyn. She is turning 2 this weekend! I can't believe how time flies!


Also, finished the book Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy. It is hilarious! For those of you that are preggers, it is a must read and a great distraction from all the dry, how-to books you may be reading.

I'm linking up with Biana and Leeann!

How was your weekend?

8 comments

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Your dinner menu this week sounds so yummy!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend and good for you for meal planning! I'd love to start doing that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read that Jenny McCarthy book! I have never heard of the apple chicken sausage, but it sounds good...if nothing else, it LOOKS delicious mixed with those veggies. We have a Movie Tavern here in Lexington that I've needed/wanted to go to for years, and never have! I need to do that before baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have lots of leftover sausage from a shrimp boil we went to this weekend and I think I'll steal your idea for sausage and veggies for dinner tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi from the link up! planning out weekly meals is something i love doing. i love the little chalkboard idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you have a pretty good meal line-up this week!! I really need to meal plan... I just always feel so uncreative, and I can never stick to the plan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your framed chalkboard...too cute! Visiting from Weekending linkup!

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a menu on Sunday night! I felt so accomplished your framed chalkboard is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!