Bumpdate | 23 weeks

{maternity dress : Target}

Wow! 23 weeks already (well, today I am 23 weeks and 4 days)!

I can't believe we are over half way there! 
Baby has grown a lot over the last few weeks. 
I've got to tell you that this t shirt maternity dress has been my best friend recently.

Instead of the usual format, I'm just going to give you a few bullet points...

FACTS
  • Baby is now over 11 inches long and weighs a little over 1 pound!
  • Baby is comparable to the size of a grapefruit. (source: The Bump)
  • Baby's ears are starting to develope and his face and eyes are forming. He's also more aware of voices and loud sounds. (source: The Bump)
  • Baby gender: BOY!! :)
  • Due date: December 6, 2014
Not so fun things
  • It is getting more difficult to sleep comfortably. I am trying my best to sleep on my side (better for baby) and my back and hips start to hurt in the middle of the night. It could be the mattress we have (that is years and years old... maybe time for a new one?) or it could just be the way I'm positioned. I ordered a Bumpnest and cannot wait to get it! I have heard great things all around about them. Hopefully, it will provide some relief.
  • Hard getting up and down from the floor. This sounds funny, but I play with Charlie on the floor a lot and then when I try to get up it's like I'm an old person with bad hips or something!
  • Sorry for the TMI, but boobs are out of control... I have had to buy so many new bras to accomodate the growth! I've gone up a full 2 cup sizes and I'm afraid they still might be growing... I don't know why anyone would have surgery to make them this big! they are just annoying to me at the moment...
  • Acid reflux seems to visit me at least once a day. No bueno.

Really awesome things
  • Feeling baby boy kick and move around a lot! Bill feeling baby boy move for the first time as well. We were lying in bed and I had him feel baby's kicks. Everytime Bill started talking, baby would move! It was like he was responding to his Papa's voice! :*)
  • Finding the perfect pair of maternity leggings and jeans... They are so comfy and I'm really afraid of someday going back to normal jeans...
  • Starting to collect ideas and decor for baby boy's nursery!! I can not wait to start the decorating process! We are going to have the room repainted the first week of September and are ordering the crib and furniture by the end of this month. We may also try to DIY some crown molding... We will see how that goes!
  • Looking forward to our Babymoon! Less than 3 weeks we will be on the beach in Clearwater Florida!
  • Really starting to embrace the bump. I like that I really look pregnant now and not just really large. 
  • Firming up our registry and trying out the car seat, stroller, pack n play, etc. Can't wait to try them out with baby inside!
  • Buying cute baby clothes... I know, I know.. I'm trying not to go over board :) 

Well, that's all for this week's Bumpdate!
I'm linking up with MorganAnn and Shanna!

8 comments

  1. You look gorgeous! Can’t wait to see what you pull for the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time for you! I hope the Bumpnest helps out a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously glowing! You look amazing! I hope the Bumpnest helps! And that your boobs don't get outta control huge! ;)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just the cutest pregnant mama ever!! How sweet that he was moving around to Bill's voice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might go try on that dress today. I am 29 weeks on Friday and feel like my wardrobe options are more and more limited. I hope the bumpnest helps with sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are glowing!!! I think I would go broke buying baby clothes... I want to buy them now and there isn't even a baby on the horizon! Can't wait to see what you plan to do with the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for December boys! I've been pretty uncomfortable sleeping lately too but I've heard great things about the Bumpnest, and I recently bought the Boppy Cuddle Pillow, which I love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so cute!! I had the same hip problem my last pregnancy and found that sleeping on a firmer mattress really helped- so I moved to our guest room! Our mattress was just way too soft. I love buying baby clothes they're just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!