Our Honeymoon Part 1

I can't believe it's been almost 9 months since our honeymoon in Hawaii...
It feels like it was yesterday we were flying over the Hawaiian island of Maui in a helicopter!

I must say that our trip to Hawaii was one of my favorite traveling experiences yet.
I highly recommend that everyone add Hawaii to their traveling bucket list!

We spent 7 days in Hawaii. The first 3.5 days were spent in Maui at the gorgeous Grand Wailea Waldorf Astoria Resort. Let me just say that this is the nicest resort I have ever stayed in. From the moment we arrived, we were treated so special. Of course, in Hawaiian tradition we were greeted with leis and an "Aloha!"

The scenery around the resort was breathtaking!







(horrible iphone photo, but had to get the leis in there!)

Bill receives points for Hilton properties from traveling for work. He was able to save enough points for us to use for the 3 day stay in Maui! Being a Hilton Honor member means perks! We stayed in the Napua Tower, which was a gated wing of the resort. Every night they offered complimentary appetizers and cocktails at 5pm. We were all over that!

{we're kind of a big deal...}

When we arrived to our room, I was surprised to see not 1, but 2 ice buckets with champagne bottles! It was my actual birthday when we arrived (11/11/14) so, Bill had planned ahead to have a bottle of champagne. Well, it turned out that my parents also had the same idea and scheduled a bottle to be waiting for us as well! Double surprise and happy birthday to me!


Our first night, we went to dinner at Humuhumunukunukuapua'a (yea, say that 3 times fast!).
It was the perfect setting with the tiki torches lit and the water surrounding us. We both ordered the lobster dinner, because, well... YOLO!


It was the most perfect birthday dinner!

The next few days on the resort were filled with sitting by the pool and beach, a wonderful day at the spa that included a couples massage and a helicopter ride over the island of Maui!







The helicopter ride was amazing and we got to see the entire island; volcanoes and all!

One of my favorite memories from Maui was an afternoon spent in the little grotto bar by the pool at our resort. Just relaxing, drinking cocktails out of a plastic pineapple and enjoying each other's company.






Our last night in Maui was spent at the Humu (the same restaurant we went to on the first night). We showed up right before unset and I brought my Nikon camera in order to capture the beautiful scenery that surrounds the restaurant and the resort.







I had heard the sunsets in Maui were breathtaking and that is the truth!



That concludes part 1 of our honeymoon recap!
I'll be back next week for part 2 in Honolulu!

I'm linking up with Home of Malones and East Coast Chic for Thoughts for Thursday!

6 comments

  1. We went to Maui too - we stayed there for the entire 9 days before heading to San Fran and absolutely loved it!! We were in Makena right near your hotel!! Such beautiful photos and now I'm dreaming of Hawaii again!! You are so brave for taking that helicopter tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such an amazing honeymoon with such fabulous memories! I had to look at that dolphin photo several times before deciding if they were real or not. ha! Stopping by from the link up.

    plumtickledpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing honeymoon! Your pictures are spectacular and you are stunning!! I absolutely love Hawaii and am dying to take my husband there for our next big vacation! Happy to find you through the linkup today! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- this trip looks absolutely amazing!! Hawaii is definitely on my travel bucket list. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! We did Honolulu and Maui last August for our honeymoon! We were up on Kaanapali Beach but next time we go, I NEED to stay at this resort! Absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We stayed at the Grand Wailea for our honeymoon, too! I knew where you were the second I saw that first photo of the lobby! It's such a great hotel! I'm glad you had a great time and I can't wait to see your Honolulu recap!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!