Weekend Recap

It was a pretty productive weekend to say the least.

Friday night // Bill and I grabbed some Chinese food for dinner, then went to the paint store to pick out colors for the nursery. I decided that we should lighten the color in there, so we picked out a few light gray/light blue shades. I think we landed on one that will be perfect (The name is 'Hinting Blue' by Sherwin-Williams). We are scheduling the painting to be complete next week and we have already ordered the crib and dresser (both in white). Can't wait to reveal when it's all finished!

The rest of the night was spent making this recipe for Snickerdoodle cookies for a girls get together on Saturday.

{via}

Saturday // I met my mom at Babies R Us in the morning for a little baby shopping date. She ended up buying our Pack n Play off our registry! She will most likely be using it a lot since she is the Grandma, so it made sense :) We also just couldn't pass up the chance to get some cute little boy clothes...

{baby clothes from Carter's}

Saturday afternoon was spent at one of my friend's house for a ladies potluck lunch. I really love my girl time and love that we plan get togethers so often. The chatter has been about weddings over the last few years and is now turning to baby talk!

Saturday night, Bill and I had dinner at the Rusty Bucket and I had one of my favorite salads (the double nickle salad) and a hummus plate for dinner. Afterwards, we grabbed some groceries and went home to watch 'Dead Poets Society'. It is still one of my favorite movies of all time. If you have not seen it, I highly suggest it!

Sunday // Bill and I went to church and had a lunch date at Max and Erma's (seriously, the eating out is getting ridiculous!). Afterwards, I met some of my family members at Greater's for a little ice cream date!


Sunday afternoon, Bill and I decided to go mattress shopping. We have been going back and forth about getting a new mattress for a while and have finally decided to cave and go for it. We tried out the Tempurpedic mattresses and fell in love! Might as well invest in a good one that will last a long time, right? Our new king size Tempurpedic mattress is being delivered on Thursday! Just in time before my 3rd trimester when the sleeping gets a little tough. 

That is my weekend in a nutshell!
I'm sorry I didn't end up taking a lot of photos and it is something I am going to try to be better about going forward!

I know next week's weekend recap will be about our Babymoon!! We leave for Clearwater, FL on Friday!

Side note: The #PSL is back at Starbucks today! :)

I'm linking up with:
Biana and Meghan for Weekending with B Loved Boston & Champagne and Suburbs
Leeann for Monday Morning Gossip

Happy Monday!

9 comments

  1. Sounds like such a great weekend! we were totally going to watch Dead Poets Society on Friday night and then I fell asleep on the couch lol! So jealous that you guys are getting a new mattress, that's on our to-do list as well!! How exciting about your babymoon - can't wait to see the pictures!! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hinting blue is the color everyone keeps suggesting to me!! I am picking up a sample this week. Love the crib and dresser you chose- my parents have that crib at their house and I love it. Love the dress you wore to church. Don't worry I spent all weekend eating too. I swear I can't stop. So jealous of your babymoon-enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend and I think when I was pregnant...Shopping at Target and Babies R us were my favorite outings :) You look adorable in your selfie and can't believe how close you're getting. You will have a blast in St Pete for your baby moon and I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo I love the name of that color (VERY excited for the big reveal) and your dress is absolutely beautiful! Have a wonderful Baby Moon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek! So jealous your baby moon is so close!! Hope it cools down a bit before you get here or you're going to be spending a LOT of time inside or in the water. It's been so insanely hot here! And sounds like you had an awesome weekend girl! Can't wait to see nursery pics!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally wish that dress wasn't maternity... because I'm obsessed with it! So cute! Glad you guys had a good weekend and let the babymoon countdown begin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE your dress! the pattern is so cute! xo jillian - stop by! im hosting a great giveaway on cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute baby clothes and I love your maxi dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw those baby clothes are adorable!! Enjoy your baby moon :)

    Thanks for linking up with MMG!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!