Bumpdate | 26 weeks!


Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday. I totally intended on posting a recap of our Babymoon, but it is hard to get back into the swing of things when you are used to relaxing in a setting like the one pictured above for 3 days :) Promise to post the recap tomorrow!

For now, I have a 26 week bumpdate for you...
I can't believe I'm less than 2 weeks away from the 3rd trimester.
This pregnancy has flown by. Well, maybe because this trimester has been a bit easier than the first. I am starting to feel a little uncomfortable the bigger I get and I can't imagine what it will be like towards the end :/

FACTS
  • Baby is now between 13.6 - 14.8 inches long and weighs between 1.5 - 2.5 lbs! Whoa... (source: TheBump
  • Baby is comparable to the size of a head of lettuce!
  • Baby's eyes are starting to form and his eyes will soon start to open. 
  • Baby gender: BOY!! :)
  • Due date: December 6, 2014
Not so fun things
  • It is definitely getting more difficult to sleep at night. We got our tempurpedic bed delivered the day before we left for Clearwater, so we got to try it out for 1 night. I think it will help a lot! I was feeling a lot of pressure on my hips from sleeping on my sides with our old mattress. The Bumpnest does help a lot with support and side sleeping. I still have to switch sides a few times a night, however. (I didn't take the Bumpnest with me to Clearwater and I regret it!)
  • I've been getting some weird sharp, needle like pain in my left heel when I put a lot of pressure on it. If I stretch my foot out too much I get the same pain. It is really weird and I'm hoping it's just a pinched nerve or something that will go away with time, but it's quite annoying. 
  • I found a couple stretch marks on my hip area :( I have been so focused on lathering up my belly and boobs, but have neglected my hip area. I'm going to start putting the Burt's Bees Mama Bees Belly Butter everywhere on my body!
  • Getting out of bed or off the couch is getting a little more strenuous. I feel like I am carrying around a bowling ball in my belly!
  • Feeling quite large and seeing myself in pics at bad angles is not so fun... I know it's just a part of accepting that your body changes during pregnancy, but I've got to be honest here and say I'm not feeling so sexy these days. Bill hates it when I bring it up and convinces me that he likes me more prego :) 
  • Traveling while pregnant is not so easy. Having to pee a few times on a 2 hour flight is annoying. Not being able to lift your carry on bag by yourself is annoying. Having people stare at you and worry you might go into labor on the plane is annoying. However, having the flight attendants offer you an extra bag of peanuts is nice :) I have to travel again in 2 weeks for a few days for work and I'm not looking forward to it :/

Really awesome things
  • Feeling baby boy kick and move all the time now! It is such a great feeling that can't be explained in words. Just knowing he's in there and being active puts my mind at ease. So fun to have Bill feel him move too. 
  • Taking a babymoon and spending quality time with Bill and baby! Highly recommend taking a trip prebaby just to reconnect with your partner. 
  • Getting the cutest invitation in the mail for my baby shower! I am so excited!
  • Baby's nursery is getting painted tomorrow! September is officially nursery decorating month! I can't wait to share the finished product!
  • Receiving the crib and dresser! Now we just need to put them together...
  • Finding some really cool knobs on sale at Hobby Lobby that will go perfectly with the theme of the nursery.
  • Looking forward to maternity pics in 2 weeks! I have a dress all picked out and a few fun props for us :) I think we have decided to announce the name of #rumplebaby2014 with the maternity pics!
  • Looking forward to fall and cooler temps so I can wear my ever so comfy maternity leggings and jeans
  • Getting so close to the 3rd trimester and counting down the weeks until we meet our baby boy!
That's all for this bumpdate!
I will be back tomorrow with a recap of our Babymoon in Clearwater, FL!

I'm linking up with Shanna for Random Wednesday

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous bump date picture! I can't wait to hear about your baby moon. I totally understand trying to get back into the swing of things...this whole week already feels gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is gorgeous and those white sandy beaches behind you - love it!! I love those knobs you picked up for the nursery - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bumpdates! And loved following along on Instagram during your babymoon! Looks like you guys had the best time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww love reading this! Hope your new bed works out for you! And I can't wait to see nursery pics!!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!