September Goals

{via}

Ok, so we are more than a week into September and I'm just now writing down my goals for the month. Yes, I have procrastinated but we have had a lot going on the past few weeks! Time to get down to business and really focus on getting things done before I get too big in my 3rd trimester!

Here are a few of my goals for the month of September:

1) Finish majority of nursery. Hang curtains, put together crib and dresser and buy a rug. I really want to start feeling a little more settled before I really get into my 3rd trimester and have no more energy. Plus, it would be nice to have most of it done before the first shower so we can organize all the loot!

2) Organize and clean up guest room/office. Our "office" has turned into a guest room/office/junk room since we cleaned out the nursery. I really want to get it organized and cleaned out so I can start using it as a home office again. Right now I am using the kitchen table which is not ideal.

3) Decorate for Fall. I have started on the mantel and now I want to get some mums for the front porch and something to hang on the front door. Maybe a little DIY post is in store...

4) Finish the wall gallery in the dining room. Guys, this. has. been. KILLING me! I bought several frames that I thought would work and come to find they are not the hanging kind of frames, but have isles... Ugh! Back to the drawing board. I am trying to find some nice antique white frames. You'd think they would be easy to find, but I can't find them anywhere! I will be on the hunt this week.

5) Look for new bedding for our new king bed. We bought all new bedding right after our wedding from Macy's that I love, but it fits a queen bed. Now that we have a king sized bed, all we've purchased are sheets and we use the old comforter that is too small :/ I really want a nice, white comforter or duvet cover. I would also love to purchase new nightstands and a headboard, but one thing at a time...

6) Schedule pregnancy/birthing classes. I am hoping to knock out all the classes we need to take in October. The tour of the hospital, the birthing class and I was also thinking of signing up for a breast feeding class.

7) Order a new 2015 planner. There are so many options! I am going to do a post with all the options I've been thinking about and will need your help deciding on one!

8) Get Fall candles and pumpkin spice creamer. This is happening today... My soul needs it!

9) Find a nice pair of flats. I need a new pair desperately and I know that is what I will be wearing mostly this fall before boot weather... Any suggestions welcome!

10) Take maternity photos! This is happening this weekend and I'm so excited! I will be busy this week making a few props for the photos too. Can't wait to share!

That's all I have for this month's goals.
It's funny that most of this has to do with home decor... Can we saying "nesting"?!

What are your goals for the month?

7 comments

  1. Girl, nest away! It's so much fun nesting and making your house perfect for the baby. Plus you can get your husbands to do a lot more, because they can't turn down a pregnant woman's requests ;) Love your goals! Can't wait to read your diy post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great goals - can't wait for the planner post - they are probably my weakness and often times I end up using one for half the year and then another one for the other half haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great goals! i really need to start working on my to-do list! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh if you find the perfect white comforter/duvet, let me know! I'm on the hunt for one, too. And a big yay for fall candles... bring on all the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make sure to take a Newborn class if you can- they teach really useful stuff like how to swaddle, give a bath, make a bottle, stuff you think sounds easy but once you're doing it you're like oh sh*t how do I do that!! I just bought a bedskirt from Home Decorators- they were having a great bedding sale and had some really nice duvets at reasonable prices.
    I love Lilly pulitzer planners- they aren't too bulky like some of the blog cult favorites and have a lot of space on each day to write out stuff which is what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals to have!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Sept goals! You definitely need to finish that nursery! :) And so excited to see your maternity photos!!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!