Showering Baby Camden

All I keep thinking about after baby Camden's first shower this past Sunday, is how lucky I am to have such a great group of friends! Even though I never had sisters growing up, I feel as though they have all become like sisters to me. The hostesses were 2 of my best friends from college and the attendees were all my high school and college friends. 

The shower was held at La Chatelaine in Old Worthington, which is a local French style bakery and cafe. They reserved a private room in the back and decorated everything so cute!








I loved the "Pregnant Punch" and "Not Pregnant Punch"... Hey, if I can't drink, someones got to!



The hostess pretty much DIY'd everything. She painted the ball jars gold and mint and filled them with fresh hydrangeas. The tables were so pretty!



The food was catered by La Chatelaine. They served mini sandwiches, cheese & fruit and salad. 



Instead of cards, guests brought books and wrote a little note inside. I loved watching the little book shelf fill up by the end of the shower.


I even had my own special "Mommy To Be" chair :)



{ Seriously, look at that plate... you think I was hungry or something?! }

After eating and mingling, we played a few fun games (like guess the famous baby's parents).



So intense... Nope, I didn't win...



Another favorite game of mine was the "Words for the Wee Hours". Guests wrote encouraging (read: funny) notes on diapers for our late night changes. It was so fun to go through them all and laugh afterwards!


Guests got to take home some yummy macaroons (from my favorite) Pistacia Vera



I just love these girls!! I am excited that Camden has so many loving "aunties"!!

I had such a fun time coming home and going through all his goodies!


Now, where to put all this??

I can't believe we have 2 more showers and 2 months to go until Camden is here!

He is definitely going to be a little spoiled :)

12 comments

  1. This is the cutest shower ever! The mint, gold and cream color scheme is perfect! Baby Camden is already so loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest shower! I love the words of encouragement idea so much! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adorable shower! i love all of the decorations and that book shelf idea is so cute!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shower is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors, the decorations, the food.... all of it! The Words For the Wee Hours game sounds so cute! Glad you had an amazing shower girl!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They did such a wonderful job with all the little details!! Nothing was forgotten!! So glad you had a wonderful time being showered (and baby Camden too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet!! You looked darling, and I love the snapshot of all the fun baby goodies your sweet friends showered you with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one loved mama!!! Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful shower!!! So thoughtful and all the attention to detail! Love the punches such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous shower! The ladies did SUCH a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous shower!! Your friends did an awesome job and it looks like baby Camden was totally spoiled!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is THE CUTEST shower I've ever seen! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a gorgeous shower!! love all the details and all those gifts!! you're set!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!