Bumpdate | 30 weeks!

{ dress via Pink Blush Maternity }

I can't believe we are at 30 weeks!
That means there are only 10 short weeks (or less) until we meet our little Cam!

I am hoping these next few months just fly by, but at the same time I'm glad I have a few months to get things in order. We have our hospital tour scheduled for Friday and our birthing classes later this month. I am also thinking about signing up for either a breast feeding class or a newborn basics class. I will take all the advice/knowledge I can get!

PS - I passed my glucose test! Yippee!

FACTS
  • Baby Cam is between 15.2 and 16.7 inches long and weighs between 2.5 and 3.8 pounds... whoa baby! (Source: The Bump)
  • I am currently 30 weeks and 4 days pregnant as of today.
  • His skin is getting smoother, but his brain is getting wrinklier - to make way for all that essential brain tissue (Source: The Bump)
  • He is strong enough to grip a finger now!

Not so fun things
  • Back, neck and hips ache a lot. I am finding that the prenatal yoga does help stretch out some of those sore muscles and helps aline my spine. 
  • Waking up every 2 hours (no joke) in the night to switch sides. My hips start to ache so bad that it wakes me up :/
  • Having to rooooolllll out of bed now... It takes a few minutes lol!
  • Tired all day due to lack of sleep.
  • Acid reflux is here to stay I think. I feel it after almost every meal. I have to keep some tums on me at all times. 
  • Out of breath a lot. Especially carrying anything or walking up stairs. 
  • I can't wear my wedding rings anymore :( It was off an on for a bit, but now they are just a little too tight for comfort... I am very sad about not being able to wear them! 
Random things
  • I had thought most of my cravings had subsided during my second trimester. Well, as soon as I entered the 3rd, I started craving... get this... ICE! I want to crunch on ice all day. Sometimes I'll just go through a drive through and order an ice water for the perfectly bite sized cubes... I have heard this can mean low iron, but my iron levels came back normal after my glucose test. Who knows?!
  • Also craving all things pumpkin and squash! I am normally very excited about these flavors around this time, but I feel like the cravings are heightened because of my pregnancy. I have had Panera's Autumn Squash soup probably at least once a week for the past few weeks!
  • The juice craving is also back in full force. I have to have a big glass of OJ in the morning or I don't feel right. I've been drinking Tropicana 50 (reduced calories and sugar) to keep my sugar levels down. 
Really awesome things
  • Celebrating Cam's first shower with all my good friends! Seriously, that will be the highlight of my month! I also loved going through all his new things and just dreaming about using all of them when he's here. Who knew little babies needed so much stuff?!
  • The nursery is coming together! We got the glider in there so I am able to just sit and take it all in. I am also going to be reading to him (in my belly) starting this week. I've heard it is good for him to hear my voice. 
  • Feeling this little active bug all day long. He is mostly active after my morning cup of Joe, when I drink or eat something sugary and when I drink something cold (or eat ice). Maybe that's why I've been on an ice kick... I just want to feel him move! He is also really active at night which makes me worried that he will be a night owl :/
That's all for this bumpdate!
I will probably try to post one every other week until we hit 36 weeks. Then, things should get really interesting, so I'll be posting weekly.

11 comments

  1. I enjoy your blog so much! Although I am not pregnant, I enjoy reading about your experiences and learning along the way for when my time comes!! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for passing the glucose test! That had to be the best news! Sounds like the nursery is coming along.. can't wait for the reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so happy and precious! Wow, 30 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your cravings are right in line with the season!!! Looking beautiful as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on passing your glucose test! im excited for you that the nursery is coming together. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look adorable and i'm not pregnant and I have been craving that panera squash soup every week too! I've only had it once but plan on having it again for lunch tomorrow. so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous girl!! That dress is adorable and your shower was so beautiful and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Glad you passed your glucose test! I heard that thing is horrible :( You look amazing by the way! That sucks you're waking up so much. Hopefully you can get some better sleep soon since shortly you won't be sleeping much! :) And still loving your shower pics!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, the back and hip pain hurts so bad :( I remember that. You look great for 30 weeks, and love all of the facts. Soon enough he'll be here <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I have to roll out of bed too! And carrying things/walking up stairs really does a number on me! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay glucose test!! I highly suggest a newborn class- we learned so much in ours that seem like common sense but you quickly realize you have no idea what you're doing. Like how to give a newborn bath or that you can't use well water for bottles on babies under 1 yr old. So glad you don't have low iron, the iron pills have not been fun on my stomach plus I still have the ice craving. It's so funny you're craving pumpkin because I usually love it right now but haven't really been in the mood for it which is so strange!! I'm making pumpkin bread this weekend hoping it changes it my mind! My hips hurt so much during my first pregnancy and have barely hurt this time which is so strange.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!