Bumpdate | 34 weeks!


Does it look like I'm forcing a smile?
Not gonna lie... I might be!
Do you see the size of this bump? No wonder I have hip and back aches!

Can you believe we are at 34 weeks and 4 days?!
That means less than 6 weeks to D day, people!
Our little boy could be here in a month!

Let's get to it...

Facts
  • Baby is the size of a butternut squash! He is measuring between 17.2 and 18.7 inches long and weighs between 4.2 and 5.8 lbs. 
  • He is recognizing and reacting to simple songs (I may or may not have been playing Christmas music for him already :) :) )
  • He's also urinating about a pint a day (In the words of Jimmy Fallon... ewww!)

Not so fun things
  • I'm slowly getting used to the no sleep thing. I'm still waking up about every 2-3 hours at night to switch sides. My hips start to ache if I'm on one side for too long. And of course, why not use the bathroom while I'm up?
  • I'm starting to get to the point where it is hard to be on my feet or be mobile for too long. I went to the grocery store earlier this week and by the end of the shopping trip, my lower back was killing me. We have been taking Charlie on walks and I notice towards the end my back is really sore. 
  • Some acid reflux here and there, but it's bearable.
  • I'm starting to swell!! My feet and hands look a little more puffy than usual! Still can't wear my wedding rings :(
  • Boobs are just out of control... That's all I'm going to say about that. I really hope they go back to normal after baby or I am going to have to convince Bill to get me a boob lift/reduction after we are done having kids. I'm not joking! Plus, I think they are the reason I am feeling some aches/tingling in my upper back in between my shoulder blades. These things are heavy!
  • Definitely feeling some major pressure down there. My pelvis bone has been aching and when I go to stand up or do something strenuous it stings! Hopefully, that means baby is making his way down and getting ready for his arrival (not too soon though... Let's make it at least to 37 weeks)!

Random things
  • Still craving ice like it's going out of style. I'd say I have 3 big cups of it a day! Good news is, that is probably helping me stay hydrated.
  • Other random cravings: cheese puffs?! MILK! Lots of milk. I drink organic fat free milk and go through about 2 cartons a week! I have a bowl of cereal every morning and I will have 1 - 2 cups of milk in the evening during dinner. I was never a milk drinker before pregnancy. Also, I can't get enough Halloween candy, but then again... who can?!
  • Baby is moving a TON! Sometimes it is a little uncomfortable, not gonna lie. I can tell things are getting a little cramped for him and he is trying to stretch out. I still do love the feeling, though, and is worth a few jabs/kicks in the ribs. 
  • I'm really looking forward to getting back into a workout routine after baby. I miss going to the gym and really sweating! I know some pregnant ladies are able to keep working out through out the majority of their pregnancy, but it just hasn't been that way for me. Thinking about jogging with this bowling ball in my belly makes me queasy! I do have a goal to complete a half marathon next October, so hopefully that will give me the motivation to get back into it in early 2015. Don't worry, I'm sure I will be posting all about my progress as well!

Really awesome things
  • The nursery being complete! So happy to have it all ready for baby Camden's arrival. I also enjoy organizing and re-organizing (aka nesting) everything in there. 
  • Thinking about enjoying this Christmas with a snuggly little baby! And dressing him in cute little Christmas outfits (he may have a few to choose from already...)
  • We have one more shower this weekend with Bill's family. We are so blessed to have such wonderful and loving friends and family to help spoil this little boy rotten!
  • Starting the process of packing the hospital bag (what?!). It really makes it so real! This is what I'm going to have with me when we have our baby!
  • Having an amazingly supportive husband. I have not given him enough props here on the blog. He has been so sweet and always looking out for me and baby Rumple. If I am too tired to do the dishes or cook dinner, he steps right in and takes care of it. And he calls me on his way home to let me know he is stopping by Dairy Queen if I want a blizzard... the answer is YES!
  • Tonight is my last Pregnancy Yoga class and I'm sad that it's coming to an end. I have really enjoyed sharing the experience with a few of my pregnant friends. The classes are so relaxing and it always feel so great to really stretch out my bones and muscles. It is also a great bonding experience with other pregnant ladies! I am hoping to keep up my own routine at home over the next month now that I know some good stretches. 
Whoo hoo! 6 more weeks (or less)!!

11 comments

  1. OMG Girl!! First off, you look amazing! Seriously adorable! And I can't believe you only have 6 weeks to go! I can't imagine how weird it must be to feel something moving around inside you! Enjoy your last pregnancy yoga class!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a good husband and almost daddy! It's always a yes to a Dairy Queen blizzard!! You are looking so great.. hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many amazing things to look forward to - especially with the holiday season!! I crave cheese puffs too...sadly I have no excuse LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girlfriend you are looking great!!! My best friend just had her little boy last Friday & we were just talking about the boob thing last night... Mine are the biggest they've ever been & I can't imagine them getting bigger!? I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping still... Just think, preparations for baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look great! hang in there!!! and i dont blame you for not wanting to run while youre pregnant -- i like walking every night and prenatal yoga is the BEST! have fun at your last class. xo jillian - cornflake dreams
    ps now im totally craving dairy queen and cheese puffs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great!! I hear you on all the symptoms! The last month is just really miserable- just rest up and enjoy all your free time ;) I'm hoping to run a half marathon next fall too- we need to encourage each other to get there!! I had a ton of swelling with Miller- the good news is that it was gone 1 weeks after he was born

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so great you found an amazing pregnancy yoga class! Are a lot of the women around the same due date as you? A supportive husband is so helpful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so great! I remember those uncomfortable movements, some we a little painful too - especially when a foot was in my ribs! You're almost done - so exciting!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got into prenatal yoga, so glad to hear you're still loving it! Also I'm totally with you on the hips hurting/switching sides/getting up to pee thing... and I'm like 9 weeks behind you! I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. On the plus side, you look gorgeous and that bump is absolutely adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so crazy that you're packing a hospital bag already!! It seems like your pregnancy went by so fast - crazy to think you're almost there!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!