Camden's Nursery Reveal!

I know you all have been waiting anxiously on the edge of your seats for the reveal of Camden's nursery. Well, I finally got to a point where I felt as though it was 'complete' and picture worthy. There was one more item I was waiting for (the hamper), but decided that we could do without just for pictures' sake. 


This room has been a labor of love (emphasis on the labor... get it?). We started about 2 months ago with painting the room. It started out a grey-ish color that I thought might work, but later decided I wanted to lighten it up. I chose 2 paint colors, both Sherwin Williams. One wall where the crib would go, is Snowbound (SW 7004) the other 3 are Hinting Blue (SW 6519).

Once the paint was done, the fun began... I ordered these star decals from Urban Walls. My inspiration was this photo that I had pinned a while ago. I just loved how serene it felt. Instead of putting the stars on the ceiling, I decided to put them all over the white wall as a back drop for the crib. Let me tell you, putting up those stars was no easy task. A lot of mathematical skills and patience were involved!


This is by far my favorite corner of the room. I have already enjoyed many hours in that glider just envisioning rocking baby Camden to sleep or reading him a story.






You may have noticed that there is no crib bumper. I have heard from several sources that crib bumpers are actually dangerous for infants. They can roll over onto the bumper and not be able to breathe. I do have a mesh/breathable crib bumper that I am planning to put on once baby starts using the crib.


 I love these grey striped linen baskets for extra toy and book storage. I have another basket for swaddle blankets and burp cloths by the glider for easy access. The burp cloths were hand made by my friend's mom. Aren't they adorable? I just love the fabrics she chose.


The room is not very big, so I knew I had to be very creative about the space. The room is just big enough for the crib, dresser and glider (we have an older home that has been renovated, so that means small rooms and closets, but I do love our original hardwood floors!). We saved some space by doubling the dresser for the changing table. The top 2 drawers are filled with diapers, wipes and onsies for easy changing access.



The closet is also not very large (it also is home to my wedding dress...), so I added this hanging closet organizer to use for extra clothes, toys, stuffed animals, blankets, etc. I found the closet dividers from this shop on etsy.


Sources:

crib & dresser | Target
dresser knobs | Hobby Lobby
glider | Babies R Us
rug | At Home
star decals | Urban Walls
wood letters above crib (I painted them) | Hobby Lobby
black out curtains | Pottery Barn Kids
grey pouf | Land of Nod
small globe | Home Goods
lamps | Target
crib sheet | Babies R Us
crib skirt | Buy Buy Baby
personalized boppy cover | Pottery Barn Kids
monogrammed baby gown and hat | Ann Everett Rae 
'coming soon' frame | Babies R Us
diaper bag | Pottery Barn Kids
hanging closet organizer | Target

The tassel garland on the window is from the balloon from our maternity shoot! You can get the balloons or just tassel garland from this etsy shop.

The multicolored knit blanket on the glider was handmade by my grandmother. She started 7 years ago! It is definitely something we will treasure!


All ready for baby's arrival!
Now, all that's left to do is wait...

I'm back with my 34 week bumpdate tomorrow!

16 comments

  1. It's beautiful!! I love how soft and airy it is. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job decorating it and making it a space that you'll be comfortable in as well as Camden!! I love all the stars...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely perfect! I love it. I need those bookshelves in my kid's rooms! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job!! He will love it. :) I have the EXACT same closet dividers haha! I don't remember if I told you about them or not? I feel like we have emailed about pretty much everything this pregnancy haha! I'm getting anxious to get our glider in even though the "scheduled" time frame is still practically 2 mos before my due date but SERIOUSLY! I want that thing to come in already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh i LOVE it!! the stars are so cute and that pouf is on my nursery wishlist! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lovely!! the neutrals are so inviting and i love the diaper bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks SO good! Straight out of Pinterest! Love the colors and the fact that you made the crib wall a different color. Can't wait to see baby Camden in his new room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love! It's so soothing and sweet - you did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love!! It looks so good and is so sweet and serene, perfect for little Camden! We have a bunch of those books and they're favorites in our house. Especially the Sandra Boynton ones!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this nursery!! The colors are so perfect (though I may be a bit biased since we're going a light blue/white/grey thing too.. haha) but it just feels so calm and relaxing for your sweet babe! You did such a great job mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it all!! Y'all did such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This came out so amazingly! I LOVE it!! It seriously is so pinable and out of a magazine!! Camden is a lucky little boy already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so in love with the way Camden's room turned out! It's perfection and love the serene colors of the nursery. You did an amazing job and that's one lucky little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so glad i found you through katie's blog! Your blog is soo fun. And oh my goodness, Camden's nursery...perfection. I just love it! What an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful, and absolutely PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Looks like it came straight out of a catalogue! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!