Fall Inspired Dinner Party

Normally on Mondays, I post a weekend recap. Considering this past weekend wasn't very eventful (besides attending a good friend's baby shower), I thought I would go ahead and post a recap of the dinner party I hosted last week. 

I wanted to host a dinner party ever since we purchased our new dining room table earlier this year. I knew I needed to have one before the baby arrives and things got a little hectic. My best friend's birthday was the perfect excuse to host a fall inspired dinner party. 

Here are some photos of the table I put together:







I used gourds and mini pumpkins that were given to us by Bill's parents from their garden. I was thinking about painting them, but decided to use their natural colors instead. The flowers were from a fall inspired bouquet from the grocery store believe it or not. I just divided it up into 3 Ball jars. My place mats and napkins are from World Market. Plates and wine glasses are from Crate & Barrel.

On the menu:

Apps
Cheese Platter
Pumpkin Dip

Main Course
Apple Pie Pork Chops (recipe will be posted tomorrow)
Green Bean Casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Croissant Rolls
Salad

Dessert
Pumpkin Cupcakes
Kelly's Famous Cake!

My friend Kelly makes the best cakes (she made our gender reveal cake). I sent her a photo of what I wanted on Melissa's birthday cake...


It's a bridesmaids quote! Melissa was my Matron of Honor and it's one of our favorite movies.

The night was filled with girl chatting and laughter. Our girl dinners are some of my favorite times together! I'm hoping we start to have dinner parties on the regular.

I'm linking up with Biana and Leeann.

13 comments

  1. The table looks gorgeous!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl that table was just gorgeous!! You did a wonderful job and I can't wait for the Apple Pie Pork Chops recipe tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did. Great job with the table - so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is absolutely gorgeous! You did an amazing job! And that menu sounds so delish. Can't way to hear more about those pork chops!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute table! i love the mini pumpkins! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tablescape! It looks so fall and so gorgeous! That menu sounds pretty darn good too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, your decorations for your dinner party were simply fabulous!! I am looking forward to your recipe tomorrow.

    http://livinlovinandlotsoflaughter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun idea! Loooove your PB table, it's gorgeous! Can't wait for the recipe tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am cracking up over here with that quote girl! Looks like a beautiful dinner party. You absolutely know how to throw a gorgeous party and I will definitely be hitting you up when I finally get a house.....with a dining table ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute party! Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely love your table settings!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. With you eye for style and craftiness, you def throw the best parties, I'm sure of it. This one looks so wonderful! And I love the cake lol :)

    Thanks for linking up for MMG!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!