October Goals


What?! It's October already? Where has the Summer gone?

I have to say, I am pretty excited for this month. First, we are getting closer to meeting our baby boy (2 months to go!). And second, it is truly fall here in Ohio! Bring on the pumpkins, the changing leaves, flannel, boots, football and crock pot meals! I really do love this time of year (almost as much as Christmas)!

I have done pretty well with my September Goals

1 | Finish majority of nursery This is pretty much complete! We have all the big items in there, just need to finish hanging some things on the walls, add bedding and some finishing touches. Can't wait to share!

2 | Organize and clean up guest room/office I'm going to say this is complete. We cleaned out most of it and I even cleaned off my desk so I can actually work in there. There is still some organizing I would like to do, but it is pretty much done.

3 | Decorate for Fall Done! Here's a little peak of our fall decor.

4 | Finish wall gallery in dining room I am going to say this is complete for now. I would like to add to it down the road, but I'm happy with the way it is for now. 

5 | Look for new bedding for our bedroom. I have failed to do this... We spent a lot on nursery items this past month, so I think we have to hold off on this for another month or so...

6 | Schedule pregnancy/birthing classes This is complete! We have our hospital tour on Friday and have scheduled our birthing classes for October. I also want to sign up for a newborn basics class as well. 

7 | Order a new 2015 planner Done! Here she is!

8 | Get Fall candles and Pumpkin Spice creamer Done and done! I even found sugar free pumpkin spice creamer at Target! I like it a lot better than the regular stuff. 

9 | Find a nice pair of flats I purchased these flats from Old Navy and have been wearing them a lot. They are pretty comfy! I really want the Tory Burch ones... Oh well, maybe next year!

10 | Take maternity photos Done! You can see them here!


Phew! Ok, now for October...

October Goals

1 | Finish decor in nursery and post a reveal by the end of the month. 

2 | Host a dinner party with girl friends (this is scheduled for next week!)

3 | Start planning baby shower for a very close friend :) 

4 | Send out thank you's for baby shower(s)

5 | Clean out closet and sell or donate clothes.

6 | Find good nursing bras and tops.

7 | Shopping freeze... I can only spend money on baby necessities (not clothes) and/or maternity necessities.

8 | Make at least one meal from Pinterest per week.

9 | Complete a DIY project and post on the blog.

10 | Make plans for our 1st anniversary in November!


There you have it!

What are your goals for this month?

I'm linking up aith Annie and Natalie for Thought for Thursday.

11 comments

  1. I think I'm going to go on a shopping freeze, too... I need every extra penny for home stuff right now! So exciting that your first anniversary is coming up!! Did you save your wedding cake?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty successful September! My biggest goal for October is to implement a "no spend" week - I've been trying to do one all year and keep failing, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did awesome in September, good for you! Can't wait to hear about your girl's dinner party. Sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous that you're getting fall. That's the one major thing I miss about Ohio... fall. And all the fun things that come along with fall, haunted houses, pumpkin patches, apple cider, etc. Great Oct goals too!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you were so productive! i really should start doing monthly goals. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seriously having the hardest time wrapping my head around the fact that summer is gone! October already?! I love this month and am so excited about it, but still! Time is flying too fast! My baby will be TWO in December, ah!!
    Love your list!! I loved my nursing bras from Motherhood Maternity (is that what that store is called?) I definitely recommend getting sized though. Those employees know what they are talkin' about :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! You totally rocked it out in September! I donated a ton last month, but I need to do more. I know you are going to do awesome with your goals in October.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did so good with your September goals!! I love your DIY's so I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an awesome job knocking things out in September and I have a feeling you will do the same in October. The closer you get to this baby coming out the more that nesting fever will set in!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these lists! I am so impressed by how much you got done in September, especially while pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is so gorgeous!

    Look at you getting things done! Looks like some fun goals coming up as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!