Tasty Tuesday | Apple Pie Pork Chops

I don't really consider myself a very adventurous chef in the kitchen. I tend to stick with what I know and am comfortable with. 

However, every now and then I do like to try out new recipes.
I especially love crock pot recipes, because they are easy!

I was looking for a recipe for my Fall Inspired Dinner Party when I stumbled accross the recipe for Apple Pie Pork Chops on Pinterest. I wanted to try out a pork recipe and thought this would be the easiest way to try it out. Plus, what can go wrong? Apple Pie + Pork Chops has to = delicious right? Yes!


It literally is apple pie filling dumped on top of pork chops in the crock pot. Doesn't get much easier than that! The hardest part is peeling and chopping the apples.

Ingredients

+ 8 cups peeled and chopped apples (I used red and golden delcious apples. Honey crisp would be good too. Any sweeter type of apples will do)

+ 3/4 cup sugar

+ 2 Tbsps all purpose flour

+ 1 tsp ground cinnamon

+ 1/2 tsp ground clovers

+ 1/2 tsp ground all spice

+ 1.5 lbs of pork chops

Directions

Dump apples and all ingredients except pork chops into a large zip lock bag. Mush around with your hands on the outside of the bag until the mixture covers all the apple pieces. Place pork chops in large crock pot. Dump apple mixture on top of pork chops (cover evenly). Turn crock pot on low for 6 - 8 hours.

That's it!

It will start out looking like this:


And end looking like this:


Serve each pork chop on a plate and top with the apple mixture.


This recipe is so easy and delicious. And it will leave your house smelling like baked apple pie!

Enjoy!

I'm linking up with Emily and Kate for Tuesday's recipe swap.

8 comments

  1. Sounds extremely delicious! I love crock pot recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, my mouth is watering just looking at these pictures! I was excited for the recipe but now I'm even MORE excited that it's a crockpot one!! Adding this to my menu for next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so making this!!! I have all the ingredients since we just went apple picking - well minus the pork chops, but that's an easy buy LOL!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look good! My husband would love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing!!! Definitely making this for my next crockpot meal!! YUM!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We eat pork chops weekly but have always cooked them in the oven. Never though to slow cook them but your recipe sounds amazing! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! I've always loved pork chops with apple sauce (thanks Peter Brady!) so this looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!