Weekend Recap

Another weekend flew by!
We got a lot accomplished, though which feels good! 

Friday we had our hospital tour. It was great to see where our little peanut will be born. It also makes it that much more real. Definitely a mixture of excitement and anxiety at this point.

After our hospital tour, Bill and I had a little date night. We went to Bravo for dinner and then saw Gone Girl. I had read the book so pretty much knew what was coming. The movie was pretty close to the book for those that have read it. Bill was really mad about the ending lol!


Saturday morning was spent lounging and making breakfast at home. Just wasn't feeling like doing much. We watched the OSU game that started at noon. I had this fur ball on my lap the whole time... I think it's time for Charlie to get groomed again!


Saturday night, we had a double date with Bill's brother and his wife (my new SIL). We went to Local Cantina and had some great food and I even had a virgin Margarita!


Sunday morning was spent organizing the nursery and washing baby clothes! I got all Cam's NB and 0-3 mos clothes washed and put away. 


Sunday afternoon I spent too much money at Target #typical. Bill hung some shelving in the nursery for books. 

Sunday night, I decided to tackle the Panera copycat Autumn Squash soup. Bill's parents gave us a big butternut squash from their garden. I wasn't sure what to do with it, I have never cooked butternut squash before. I decided to make a soup because I love butternut squash / pumpkin soup. I have been craving Panera's autumn squash soup so I found a copycat recipe via Pinterest.



It was a lot of work to peel, chop and roast the butternut squash. Then, I had to puree it in our food processor. I made a few messes, but it turned out really delish!! And I have enough to eat all week!

How was your weekend?

I'm linking up with Biana and Leeann.

12 comments

  1. What a perfect weekend!! I'm so excited to see the movie this coming weekend - I will finish that book LOL!! Well the soup sounds like it was a ton of work, but worth it in the end!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to see Gone Girl (I read the book too) and now I'm so excited that you found the recipe for Panera's soup! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great weekend!! Your soup looks like it came out delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im SO excited for the movie - i loved that book! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great weekend! just found your blog through the linkup today and can't wait to follow along! i remember the hospital tour we took (just about a year ago!) it is such an exciting feeling and definitely makes it so real! i have been dying to read/see gone girl - should i read the book before seeing the movie? great job on the soup - one of my favorites from panera, i may have to give it a try! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. stopping in from the weekending link up... was the gone girl movie good?! i too was sooo mad when I read the ending of the book but of course i want to see the movie! that "new in town" onesie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That new in town onesie has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!! Your photographs are seriously so beautiful you need to teach me your ways!! Thanks for linking up on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're going to have the most adorable little baby! I love the clothes, so cute!

    Glad you had a great weekend. Here's to a wonderful week :)

    Thanks for linking up for MMG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to make that soup, it looked so good! Baby clothes are the most deliciously tiny little things ever! I am so jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The soup looks so good! Butternut squash always intimidates me... it seems like a crazy amount of work and I'm terrified I'll chop my finger off with the thing rolling around the whole time! I may have to suck it up to try this, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great weekend! I remember our hospital tour- I remember being so excited and so nervous all at the same time. I'm dying to see Gone Girl. We're trying to plan a date night before baby #2 to see it. that soup looks good but I can't imagine doing all that work with a butternut squash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet it feels pretty amazing to have baby clothes washed and put away... All ready for your sweets to arrive :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!