A quick update...


Just wanted to post quickly and let you all know that I will be trying to take it easy this week.

After my doctor appointment on Friday, we had to go into Labor & Delivery at the hospital because I had high blood pressure. They tested me for preeclampsia, but the tests came back negative and I was able to go home for the weekend on bed rest.

I have a follow up appointment today. If I continue to have high blood pressure they will test again for preeclampsia. Apparently, it can come on suddenly so they may continue to test me every few days until I deliver. If I end up having it, they will have to induce me. 

We are hoping for the best and that they will just put me on bed rest for a while so he can cook and develop his lungs and other organs a bit more. The good news is, I am 37 weeks now and full term so there shouldn't be any health risk for him being born at this stage. 

Say a little prayer for me!

I will keep you all posted!

16 comments

  1. praying for you and the baby! bummer about the bed rest but use it to take lots of naps and catch up on some reading. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny that you posted that, because I am watching the same DVD at the moment!! Never too early for Christmas movies! I am so glad I found your blog (through Biana's)! I am your newest follower!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you and Camden!! I had a blood pressure spike when I was 40 weeks which is what made us move forward with my c section. Rest up and take it easy, healthy baby and mama are what's most important at this stage!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending positive vibes your way mama!!! Take it easy and can't wait for the fun update with little man in your arms!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take it easy gal!! You're getting so close and he will be just perfect no matter when he comes. Sending positives thoughts to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad your doctors are taking such good care of you and little Camden! Enjoy that bed rest because you'll be busy in no time with a little newborn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending lots of positive energy to you - keep us posted and enjoy all of the Christmas movies on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your Instagram post tonight - thinking of you!!! You're gonna be awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe little Camden will be here so soon! With my 3rd pregnancy I went in with high blood pressure, but it resumed to normal when I arrived at the hospital and then I went into labor later in the day. They kept me there to monitor it though because they were expecting a snow storm. There was a snow storm that evening so I'm glad they didn't send me home and my daughter was born very quickly. Im so excited for you. My best memories are during the weeks that I had each of my 3 children. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I delivered my twins at 29 weeks due to severe preeclampsia that came on super suddenly (and got it again with my 3rd, but much milder, and I made it to 38 weeks). So glad they are keeping a good eye on it and that it's later on in your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!