Let me just start by saying I am not a huge fan of the photo above... My hair looks a mess!
I am getting it done/highlighted tomorrow...
Plus, I feel like I am getting to a point where I just don't feel comfortable in photos anymore.
I know it's near the end, so I just need to get throught these last few weeks.
However, I am ready to have my body back!
Really quickly, I want to give you all an update on the bump:
- I am currently 36 weeks and 4 days (less than 4 weeks to go!)
- I have started to see my doctor every week now.
- At my last appointment (36 week appointment) she told me I am 50% effaced and not yet dialated. She also told me baby is for sure head down and in position! I could already tell by his kicks in my ribs that he must be head down.
- I don't know how big he is exactly, but everytime my doc measures my belly she says "normal!" which always surprises me!
- There has been a lot of pressure down there, but I'm not sure I feel any contractions yet. This makes me think we are going to his due date or past :/
- It's getting more difficult for me to put on my socks and shoes/boots. I take at least twice the time I would normally take to put them on.
- Baby moves constantly! Now, it's more rolling and smaller/smoother movements. I can tell he's running out of room in there :/
- I'm still waking up about 2 - 3 times at night to switch positions. Sometimes I end up on the couch. It just feels more comfortable at times...
- Apparently, another side effect of pregnancy is that I have started to snore! Poor Billy has had to move to the guest room a few times because of my snoring! I hope that stops after baby is here!
- My hands and feet are SWOLLEN! I can't wear my wedding rings which makes me sad. My ankles look like cankles.
- On a positive note, we are so ready to have baby Camden here! Sure there are a few things left on our to do list, but all in all I think we are physically and emotionally ready for him to be a part of our lives.
- I have been day dreaming about snuggling our little baby by the fire with our Christmas tree in the background, sipping hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies! I need that time to come asap!
Now, for a little Birthday recap!
I was not expecting Bill to make a big deal for my birthday. We had discussed that we need to save our money for baby and that we weren't doing gifts for our anniversary or Christmas this year. Well, Bill was sneaky and ended up surprising me with a few awesome gifts!
First, he surprised me in the morning by bringing me Tim Horton's breakfast complete with a sprinkles doghnut! What a great way to start my day!
Then, later in the afternoon he surprised me with a little gift...
Remember that blog post I wrote a while back about my wishlist?
Well, he read it!
As if that wasn't enough, and honestly I was not expecting anything else, he told me we were going to dinner at Rigsby's downtown. Another fancy dinner date!
Never to be the one to turn down a good meal, I started getting ready. As I was trying to pick out something to wear (because the choices are limited these days) Bill mentioned he had something else for me that may determine my outfit?!
Out he comes with a Nordstrom box!
And there she was in all her glory...
At this point I was telling him we need to return it. That we should be spedning this money on the baby.
He assured me that it was something he really wanted to give me. It is my birthday, Christmas, push present, thanks for being pregnant and uncomfortable for 9 months gift!
I couldn't argue with that! I love this bag!
Off we went to dinner with my new MJ bag and KS watch!
Dinner at Rigsby's was delish! I got the butternut squash ravioli and ordered a "mocktail" once again :)
I'm so glad we got a few fancy date nights in before baby arrives. I really am cherishing these moments with just the two of us as much as possible!
Needless to say, it was a fantastic birthday! Thank you all for your birthday wishes yesterday!