Bumpdate + Birthday Recap



Let me just start by saying I am not a huge fan of the photo above... My hair looks a mess!
I am getting it done/highlighted tomorrow...

Plus, I feel like I am getting to a point where I just don't feel comfortable in photos anymore.
I know it's near the end, so I just need to get throught these last few weeks.
However, I am ready to have my body back!

Really quickly, I want to give you all an update on the bump:
  • I am currently 36 weeks and 4 days (less than 4 weeks to go!)
  • I have started to see my doctor every week now.
  • At my last appointment (36 week appointment) she told me I am 50% effaced and not yet dialated. She also told me baby is for sure head down and in position! I could already tell by his kicks in my ribs that he must be head down.
  • I don't know how big he is exactly, but everytime my doc measures my belly she says "normal!" which always surprises me! 
  • There has been a lot of pressure down there, but I'm not sure I feel any contractions yet. This makes me think we are going to his due date or past :/
  • It's getting more difficult for me to put on my socks and shoes/boots. I take at least twice the time I would normally take to put them on.
  • Baby moves constantly! Now, it's more rolling and smaller/smoother movements. I can tell he's running out of room in there :/ 
  • I'm still waking up about 2 - 3 times at night to switch positions. Sometimes I end up on the couch. It just feels more comfortable at times...
  • Apparently, another side effect of pregnancy is that I have started to snore! Poor Billy has had to move to the guest room a few times because of my snoring! I hope that stops after baby is here!
  • My hands and feet are SWOLLEN! I can't wear my wedding rings which makes me sad. My ankles look like cankles.
  • On a positive note, we are so ready to have baby Camden here! Sure there are a few things left on our to do list, but all in all I think we are physically and emotionally ready for him to be a part of our lives.
  • I have been day dreaming about snuggling our little baby by the fire with our Christmas tree in the background, sipping hot chocolate and watching Christmas movies! I need that time to come asap!
+++

Now, for a little Birthday recap!
I was not expecting Bill to make a big deal for my birthday. We had discussed that we need to save our money for baby and that we weren't doing gifts for our anniversary or Christmas this year. Well, Bill was sneaky and ended up surprising me with a few awesome gifts!


First, he surprised me in the morning by bringing me Tim Horton's breakfast complete with a sprinkles doghnut! What a great way to start my day!

Then, later in the afternoon he surprised me with a little gift...


Remember that blog post I wrote a while back about my wishlist
Well, he read it!

As if that wasn't enough, and honestly I was not expecting anything else, he told me we were going to dinner at Rigsby's downtown. Another fancy dinner date!

Never to be the one to turn down a good meal, I started getting ready. As I was trying to pick out something to wear (because the choices are limited these days) Bill mentioned he had something else for me that may determine my outfit?!

Out he comes with a Nordstrom box!


And there she was in all her glory... 
At this point I was telling him we need to return it. That we should be spedning this money on the baby.

He assured me that it was something he really wanted to give me. It is my birthday, Christmas, push present, thanks for being pregnant and uncomfortable for 9 months gift!

I couldn't argue with that! I love this bag!

Off we went to dinner with my new MJ bag and KS watch!

Dinner at Rigsby's was delish! I got the butternut squash ravioli and ordered a "mocktail" once again :)



I'm so glad we got a few fancy date nights in before baby arrives. I really am cherishing these moments with just the two of us as much as possible!

Needless to say, it was a fantastic birthday! Thank you all for your birthday wishes yesterday!

xoxo

14 comments

  1. You look beautiful!! It must be so exciting to be so close to holding your little guy. And Happy belated Birthday!! Your husband is so sweet, I love that he surprised you with that gorgeous bag and watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday!! You deserved to be showered with love and gifts and boy did Bill do that!! He did a great job and so glad you had a wonderful and relaxing day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday and such a thoughtful husband!! Lucky lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a guy!! Love love love the watch and the new bag! Sooo pretty and you totally deserve it :) Happy you had a great birthday! Baby Camden will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, you look fabulous! Love the sweater, lady!

    And yay for wonderful birthday fun. Doughnuts watches and ravioli, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do look great and how sweet is your hubby?!?!?!? And, might I say, very smart??

    p.s. I was reading that women who are 60% or more effaced are much more likely to deliver before or on their due date than women who are under - and that it's sometimes a better indicator that dilation?? I read it in "Expecting Better" in case you wanna check it out! ;)
    p.p.s Are you so sick of people like me that say "I read somewhere that............"
    p.p.p.s SORRY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.p.p.p.s I'm not expecting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. just in case my mom reads your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. way to go husband! those are amazing gifts!! so glad you had fun celebrating. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome hubby!! I am loving that watch and bag, they are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Bill!!! You deserve all those surprises! I have good news for you I'm one week postpartum and sleeping is sooo much better!! Granted I only sleep in 3 hour increments if I'm lucky the fact that I can sleep on my back and rollover and not have to get up to pee are amazing! You will be shocked how much better you feel even right after giving birth. Hang in there the last few weeks are so hard!!! He will be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww you look great momma!! Sounds like Bill did a great job for your birthday weekend!! It is getting sooo close for y'all! Can't wait to see Baby Camden too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have the cutest pregnancy style!! I love it. You always look perfectly pulled together. I have a handful of pics of me from when I was pregnant. Honestly Maybe like 10 total and I have 3 kids! I was just not feeling the pictures. lol Glad you had a wonderful birthday. That watch is gorg! I love your daydream of holding maybe Camden by the fire! Your due date is kind of perfect. :) Oh and pretty sure I snored a bit when I was pregnant also, but I insisted to Marc that it was just "loud breathing".

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!