November Goals

via

Wow! It's November already!

November is my second favorite month of the year, behind December. We have our first anniversary on the 9th, my birthday on the 11th and Thanksgiving on the 27th! We still haven't decided if we are going to venture to my family's Thanksgiving (about an hour away from us) since it is a week before my due date, but I will make sure to have some stuffing and mashed potatoes that day!

We are also just a month and 2 days away from my due date! Lots to accomplish this month in preparation for little Camden's arrival...

+++

Here's how I did last month with my October Goals:

1 | Finish decor in nursery and post a reveal by the end of the month. This is a big COMPLETE! Feels good! Here's the reveal in case you missed it.

2 | Host a dinner party with girl friends. Complete! Here's the recap of the Fall Inspired table I put together. 

3 | Start planning baby shower for a very close friend. Nailed down a venue and received the guest list. Working on finding the perfect invites to order this month. I'd say this is a good start (shower is end of Jan 2015)!

4 | Send out thank you's for baby shower(s). Thank you notes were sent for my first 2 showers. Working on the most recent shower's thank you notes this week.

5 | Clean out closet and sell or donate clothes. I did clean out my closet and have 2 large garbage bags full of clothes to donate. Just need to drop them off at Goodwill.

6 | Find good nursing bras and tops. I am going to leave this one open for November. I did find one good nursing tank from Target. My mom and I are planning on doing some shopping this weekend for my birthday and I may take a look at some options at Destination Maternity. 

7 | Shopping freeze... I can only spend money on baby necessities (not clothes) and/or maternity necessities. Well, definitely did not accomplish this goal! Although, I was good about not shopping for myself (just bought a few maternity tops), I was not good at not buying baby clothes... I mean, a monogrammed Christmas outfit and coming home outfit for Camden is my definition of a 'baby necessity' :)

8 | Make at least one meal from Pinterest per week. I'm going to mark this one as complete. I made Butternut Squash Soup, Apple Pie Pork Chops, Broccoli Cheddar Chicken & Rice Casserole, and these yummy and easy treats. Also, made a few other recipes not from Pinterest. I was on a roll in October! Don't know if I will keep up the cooking in November...

9 | Complete a DIY project and post on the blog. Big fat FAIL! I totally had all the intentions to complete a DIY post, but just couldn't decide what to make? This month I may attempt some DIY burp clothes or a holiday burlap banner for our mantel... 

10 | Make plans for our 1st anniversary in November! Complete! Can't wait for our fancy dinner date at M this Friday :)


Alright... Here are my goals for November (mostly baby related):

1 | Pack hospital bags. Yep... It's getting real!

2 | Buy deep freezer + freeze meals. I want to be prepared when baby arrives and I know I will not have the energy to make dinner. I'm hoping to freeze enough meals to at least get us through the first month.

3 | Purchase necessary items off of registry. Since we registered with Babies R Us, we get 15% off the remaining items on our registry. There are still a few items (like bottles, swaddle blankets, etc) that I want to get before baby Camden arrives. We did end up purchasing a Rock N Play off of Amazon and it fits perfectly next to our bed! So glad we got that figured out!

4 | Clean all bottles, breast pump parts, baby items, etc. Just need to make a day of it!

5 | Make DIY burp cloths. I got some plain cloth diapers/burp cloths and was thinking of trying to find some cute fabric to sew on to them. We will see if I have the energy this month :/

6 | Order invites for my friend's baby shower in January. Because they need to go out in December!

7 | Deep clean the house. I want to really get the house clean before baby arrives. Whether that's me cleaning or hiring a professional for the day... it needs to get done!

8 | Start working on a Shutterfly album of our Honeymoon. This has been on my to do list for a while and would be a nice Christmas gift for Bill. If I don't do it this month, I'm not sure when it will get completed!

9 | Decorate for Christmas! If it were up to me, we would start now. We usually get a real tree, so we have to wait until they start to sell them :/

10 | Try to relax and spend time with Bill before baby comes! I can't believe how close we are to meeting our son! I really want to soak up these last few weeks with just Bill and me (and Charlie) as much as possible.

Well, that's it!

What are your goals this month?

9 comments

  1. Impressed with how many things you already have crossed off your list!! I've been wanting to do a DIY post too but I haven't yet... eek! And I need to do a serious deep clean too! Good luck on all of these!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did really good with your october goals! i need to bookmark your nov list of things to do before baby! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you rocked your October goals - great job!!! I'm so excited for you and can't believe how close you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang girl you were a cooking fool!! Love everything baby related!! Can't wait to see the burp cloths - such a cute idea!! & We are birthday month twins, mine is on the 16th!! Happy Anniversary to you & Bill!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of things happening in November -- and so close to your due date. SO exciting!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! I also need to stop shopping. Such a hard one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love goal #9 for November. RIGHT THERE WITH YA! I walk by the place where we buy our tree everyday anxiously waiting for him to put them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You accomplish so much and while pregnant!! You totally are motiving/inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha i am hoping to do a DIY myself! hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!