Camden is here!







Camden William Rumple | born 11.20.14 at 3:06pm | 5 pounds, 13.6 ounces | 17.5 inches long

Sorry to keep you all hanging for a few weeks. If you follow me on instagram (sorry for the baby post overload!), you already know that Camden was born on November 20, 2014 at 3:06pm via C section. He was a perfect little 5 pound, 13 ounce package. Everyone is healthy and happy!

It was a long process getting him in the world. I was induced at 11am on Wednesday, November 19th at 11am and was in labor for 27 hours until we made the decision to go the C section route. If you don't know, I was induced early at 37 weeks and 4 days due to gestational hypertension. I don't think I will post a full birth story because I've learned from reading too many that every experience is so different and you really have no idea how your birth story will go until it happens. 

Basically, I was unable to dilate farther than 3 - 4 cms after 27 hours, which in the medical field they refer to as "failure to progress". I hated hearing that phrase every time the nurses would read their reports when they changed shifts. "Lindsay was induced and delivered via C section due to failure to progress." Kind of made me feel like a failure! I know I did everything I could to have a vaginal birth, but my body simply was not ready. I was hardly a "finger tip" dilated when they induced me so we knew it would be a long road. 

However, every little discomfort and pain and feeling of anxiety was completely washed away the moment I heard his little cry as they pulled him out of me. It is simply the most wonderful sound in the world! And seeing his cute little face with a button nose just made me melt for him instantly. 

The photos above were actually taken by the hospital photographer. I'm so glad we ordered them! They turned out so well! His little coming home outfit was a little too baggy for him, but we made it work :) 

The past 12 days have been somewhat of a blur; 4 of them spent in recovery at the hospital. We've had a lot of visitors which I love, but also wipes me out. This newborn stuff is no joke! Feeding every 3 hours has been a lot of work, but I just love spending time with him and cuddling afterwards. He is so snuggly! He has been such a great baby so far. He really only cries when he is hungry, when he's naked or when we change his diaper. He does grunt and groan a lot especially after eating. I think that may just be his way of working though the digestion/gas issues :) 

I will post a little 2 weeks update on Thursday with more details on life with this little man. Until then, I will continue to fill your instagram feed with his adorableness! 

Thank you all for your kind words and concern from my last post. Rest assured we are all just fine and settling in!

13 comments

  1. Lindsay! He is sooo beautiful! Congratulations to you and your family!! And keep the Instagram pictures coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's absolutely perfect! My little guy is only 3 months, but I already really miss the newborn stage. Savour every second, it goes by far too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these pictures!! He is precious!!! & you are by no means a failure!! I've heard from friends that there are pros & cons to each way of birth. Besides, God wouldn't of given dr's the knowledge & ability to perform such procedures if it was a bad thing! Love seeing all if his pics on Insta though & can't wait to read more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats again! he is perfect :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is SO precious!! The pictures are so sweet and I love that his outfit is a little big.. Too cute! Congratulations mama, he is absolutely perfect and so glad to hear you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! He is beautiful! And you are not a failure at all, you did what was safe for you and your baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is beyond! Congratulations and big claps for 27 hours of labor! I feel for you mama!! Cannot wait to hear/read more about him as he grows :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's perfect and healthy and that's all that matters. I hate you had to go through such a long delivery, but glad to hear both baby and mama are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is a doll!!! Congratulations and I'm so happy that you're all home together and happy!! 27 hours of labor - you have so much mom guilt to lay that little boy now LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! So crazy i had almost an identical birth story - same exact situation and timeline resulting in a C-section about 2 weeks before you! Enjoy every minute of your little man!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!