Operation Lose the Baby Weight 2015

via

Today marks 7 weeks postpartum. I have my follow up appointment with my OB today to make sure I am healing well from my C section. I also hope to get the OK to work out again. I am so ready!

Yesterday, I sat down and wrote out my goals for the new year. First on my list is focusing on healthy living and losing 15 pounds to bring me back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Fifteen pounds may not seem like much to some of you, but to me this will be the most amount of weight I have ever lost in my life. 

Sure, I went on diets and exercised like crazy before my wedding, vacations, etc. But, the most I have ever lost was about 5 pounds. This will be a struggle for sure!

I am planning on documenting my weight loss journey for 2 reasons.

1 // Accountability. I want to feel as though I am accountable for my actions. When you work on something on your own without sharing it with others, it's so easy to make excuses for yourself for why you cannot complete the task. I will give myself deadlines and boundaries and will share these with you in order to make myself feel accountable.

2 // To Record Progress. I want to look back through my posts and see the progress I am making. I will use my blog as my weight loss diary. It is so motivating to see progress and to keep pushing to meet your goal.

How will I get there?

Old fashioned healthy eating and exercising. No fancy diet or gimmicks.

I can't diet too much because I am breastfeeding (pumping), so I do have to keep my calorie level normal at least. I am, however, cutting out dairy to see if that helps with Camden's reflux. That also may help me shed some pounds because I have a love for cheese!

I will keep a personal food journal and will schedule my workouts at least a week ahead of time. I think that is the key to making time to work out. If it's not on my schedule or daily to do list, it will be forgotten.

I am going to be reactivating my gym membership this month and will plan to go at least twice a week (plus, there's a nursery at my gym so no excuses there). When I'm unable to make it to the gym, there are plenty of at home work outs I can do. There are even some I've pinned to do with Camden!


I am going to try to get at least 20-30 mins of exercise in per day. I am also going to start running and training for the half marathon in October. I ran the half marathon 2 years ago and it felt so great to accomplish something I never thought I could do. I want this half to be my motivation to keep working out post baby.


Running to me is such a stress release and a chance for me to have some "me" time, which I'm finding is so important now being a mother. 

There you have it! I hope you all hold me accountable!
I will be posting at least bi weekly regarding my weight loss progress.
I hope to get to my goal weight by the end of May. Perfect timing for Summer!

What are your health and wellness goals for 2015?

I'm linking up with Annie and Natalie for Thoughts for Thursday!

12 comments

  1. way to go mama! im so excited to follow along on your weight loss journey -- and i'll be taking notes! im glad youre doing it the old fashioned (HEALTHY) way too! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetheart, the fact that at 7 weeks pp you only have 15 lbs to go speaks for itself. I had my 3rd baby in May {a girl} and I gained almost 60 lbs! Ouch. As someone who is a fitness fanatic, that has stung. At 7 weeks pp, I was staring at 36 more lbs to lose. I now have 10 to go...it is steadily coming off, but not without effort! I workout anyway, so it's NBD, but I've definitely had to step it up a notch. I'm doing Body Beast AND Insanity at the same time right now to torch this last bit and then some. If you need advice, I'm your gal...but don't worry, a lot of that 15 WILL come off on it's own just because it's pregnancy weight. You must have had a good pregnancy :-)
    -Morgan
    California To Carolina
    The Gym Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. That pic with Mom and baby is Brooke from Skinny Mom. I write for that site :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got this girl!!! I can't wait to follow along with you!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15lbs is nothing! You will be surprised how quickly it will come off once you get on a workout routine!! I love that you are doing itwith workouts and eating well! So many people try the quick fix and that always back fires!!! And it is so important to have that hour or so of time at the gym to focus on you!!! :) You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you! So glad to hear you're not doing any crazy diets or gimmicks, if you stick to your plan those last 15 pounds will fall off! And if it takes a longer than you hope, don't stress... you just had a baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go mama! You will definitely lose the weight and it sounds like you have a very smart plan to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do this for sure! I love that you're doing it the old fashioned way -- I think that is where most people go wrong these days. Good luck lady, can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 15lbs isn't really that much! I had lost all my baby weight by 5 months pp with Miller and then 10lbs extra by 7 months pp. I honestly didn't lose the extra weight until a month after I stopped breastfeeding. I know everyone always says breastfeeding makes you lose the weight but I didn't really find that to be true and found it easier to lose weight after I quit. Oh and even though I lost all the weight clothes still fit differently!
    Can't wait to follow along since I'm right there with you!! We need to swap tips and encouragement. I have about 10lbs to go but want to take off another 5lbs on top of that so 15 total to be back at my feel good weight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl!! I think it's always good to have accountability and we all know you can do it!! It's not easy, I have a hard time losing weight too, but you will make it happen!! Can't wait to cheer along with your progression.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope everything went well at your Dr appointment today! Those mom and baby exercises are so fun! I know you're going to be able to hit your goal by May!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will do great!! I had to cut out dairy when I was breastfeeding because my little one was so fussy and gassy. She ended up having a cow milk allergy but I was so glad she started to feel better. Now she is 1 and is fine.. Way to goo!!
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!