CAMDEN || 3 months!


He's more than doubled his weight in less than 3 months, able to chug over 4 oz of milk when he's really hungry, able to sleep for 6-7 consecutive hours at night in his crib, able to hold his head up right for minutes at a time, he can smile, laugh (in his sleep), coo and kick... 

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It's SUPER CAM!!!

This month has been so fun with Camden. He is really coming out of his shell! He loves to smile and does so all through out the day. It's so funny because he can go from crying to smiling in less than 2 seconds! He definitely has his Mom and Dad's moody temperament ;)

He loves to play "up down" with his Grandma and Grandpa. They lift him up and down in the air while sitting on the couch saying the words "Up! Down!" He will even kick his feet out and push off after he goes down as if to say "again!" My mom swears she heard him say "up" or "uhhh" as if to ask for more!

Camden LOVES to lay on his playmat and stare at the hanging animals. He will have conversations with them at night for 20 minutes at a time! Any hanging colorful objects, especially with eyes, really grabs his attention. He is tracking faces and objects so well and loves to survey the room when he's sitting upright. 

Camden loves to sit in his Fisher Price Sit-Me-Up monkey chair and gives me the biggest smile of pride when I put him in it! He loves to sit up like a big boy (with assistance) either in his monkey chair, on the couch or in his Bumbo seat. We still also love the swing and bouncy chair which are both great for naps during the day. 

Camden is so much better at diaper changes and changing clothes. He is a little squirmy during these times, but does not get upset anymore (thank goodness). He is currently in size 1 diapers (which are getting a little tight). We are using Honest Co. and Pampers Sensitive diapers because of his sensitive little tush. We are still loving all his button and zip footie PJs for daytime play and night time because they are so easy for multiple diaper changes and we don't have to worry about socks, which always fall off his little feet. Camden is wearing mostly size 3 months, but has started to grow to be too long for some of the smaller brands (Carter's). We have officially packed away all his NB and some of his 0-3 month clothes (sad face!). 

We just transistioned to using Halo sleepsacks (we love the fleece ones for winter) from our Aden + Anais swaddle blankets because he had been busting out of the swaddle every night. He is up to sleeping a good 6 - 7 hours at night which we are so thankful for! He recently pushed his own bedtime to 8 - 8:30pm and will sleep until 3 - 4am. Bill or I will "dream feed" him while he's still swaddled and sleeping and then put him right back in his crib. He then sleeps until about 6 - 7am. I will be so happy when he sleeps from 8pm - 8am!!

He loves "baby school" with his Grandma 2 days a week and Aunt Angie on Fridays. It has been really nice being able to be in the house with him while I work too. I just couldn't imagine dropping him off anywhere at this point with people I didn't know. I guess it's something you get used to, but I just love knowing he's under the same roof with people I trust in case anything (God forbid) happens. 

I will be honest and say that I had a moment of mom guilt thinking about giving up pumping because it was just too time consuming and tiring. After talking to some friends and getting some encouragement, I actually tried breastfeeding again when he was around 12 weeks and it worked for about 2 days. Then, I got mastitis :/ So, I'm back to pumping in fear that I may get it again. I think it was just from going back and forth from breastfeeding to pumping and not completely emptying out one side. Mastitis is not fun ladies! It's like having the flu while one boob hurts so bad and trying to take care of a baby at the same time. Yuck! Thank goodness Bill and my Mom were here to help while I rested and got better. 

I've decided to set a goal of 6 months of pumping and will try my best to stick to it. I've slowly started to supplement with some Similac for Supplementation and he seems to being doing well with that. I'm just mixing in a few ounces for the last few feedings at night and it seems to help him stay full through out the night as well. It has also given me some piece of mind in case my supply starts to decrease at any time.

Bottom line is, there is nothing better than that baby smile! So whatever keeps my baby happy and healthy, I will do! 

I am so excited to see what the next few months bring! He just keeps getting more fun and I keep falling more in love with him everyday!

Happy Friday Friends!

9 comments

  1. i totally get the "mom guilt" for strictly pumping. I'm doing the same thing but with having to go back to work in a month my main goal is to stock the freezer as much as possible so he at least will get some breast milk for a good amount of time. Supplementing formal is the way to go to help with sleeping and there is nothing wrong with it!(In my opinion..I mix some breast milk with the formal as well) Cheers to the moms that can nurse for a year! ha!!! You are doing great and Camden's smiles are pricelss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness time flies!!! He's such a happy baby - love it!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is SUCH a cutie! That little smile is the sweetest! He's doing so great with sleeping and I can't believe he is busting out of swaddles! Didn't you just have him?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are rockin this mom thing!!!! I'm impressed with his sleep schedule - there is something magical about that dream feed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he is so cute!! i love his superman outfit! hang in there with the breastfeeding mama! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. (non-blogger here) What a cutie! My babe is 8 weeks and I switched to exclusively pumping about 4 weeks ago due to a shallow latch. It made feedings so much less stressful, but it broke my heart to give up BF. It's hard, but easier to manage right now since I'm still on leave and can pump comfortably and often from home. But I go back to work in 10 days and I'm terrified I won't be able to keep up! Maybe we could chat and share some encouragement? The only friend I have who is also EP'ing had a very early NICU baby, so she built up a HUGE freezer stash very early and doesn't have to be concerned with producing. EP'ing is hard but I want to stick it out as long as I can!

    P.S. sorry if this posts multiple times---had issues with Google account. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's getting so big!! Those cheeks! So adorable. Glad you're feeling better - that does not sound like fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super Cam!! Time is just flying by! Isn't it so much fun to watch them grow and change! They're little smiles are the absolute best. Wait until he starts really laughing, that laugh will become the best noise you've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, he is just precious! That sweet smile! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!