Fitness Update

via

As promised, I have a little fitness update for you.

I do have some good news on the #losethebabyweight2015 front. I am down 4 pounds from my last post, which means I have 11 pounds to go to hit my goal weight! This means I have been averaging about a pound a week and I hope I can keep up this pace.

I've started to go back to my gym and have slowly gotten back into running and weight lifting. I try to get to the gym at least twice a week with a goal of 3 times per week this month. The days I can't make it to the gym, I try to fit in a YouTube Tone It Up work out when I can. 

This one being my current favorite:


I've been focusing on toning my arms and legs since my middle section is still a little tender from my c section. I tried to do some sit ups the other day and it felt like there were 50 lb weights on my stomach. I am trying to ease my way into the core toning work outs, although that is the main area I would like to tone the most. 

As far as the dieting is going, I don't have any strict regimen. Just trying to focus on eating healthy and stay under 1500 calories a day. I am still pumping/breastfeeding so I am burning about 500 calories a day just doing that (according to this website). I try to make sure I have some type of protein, veggie/fruit and light carb for each meal. I try to keep my snacking to a minimum around 100 calories.

I have also just started using the app MyFitnessPal (find me at LindsayRumple) and have a few friends that use it as well. It's great because I can keep track of all my daily calories and work outs to make sure I am staying on track with my weight loss goals.



One area I would like to work on is planning my meals in advance. This is something I struggle with constantly. I typically get in a rut of eating the same things everyday and I eventually get bored and eat bad food. I think meal prep and planning at the beginning of the week needs to start happening.

I have started a pin board with healthy recipes and work outs to try. Here are a few healthy recipes I'd like to try:

Honey Glazed Salmon

BBQ Chicken Salad

Spicy Cashew Chicken

Keilbasa and Cabbage Skillet

What are some of your favorite healthy recipes?

That's all I have for this fitness update!
I'll plan on posting another update early next month to see if I've made more progress.

6 comments

  1. way to go lady!! you are doing great! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your progress girl!! I love the TIU girls videos!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing so well!! I've heard good things about MyFitnessPal, I'll have to join you once I get the okay to work out after baby! Before my chicken aversion I would make a bunch of plain chicken in the crock pot and shred it, then it was really easy to add to a salad or other meals throughout the week so I definitely suggest that for healthy and quick options!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you girl! I just had my 2nd child, Jax. He is just a few weeks older than Camden. I love following along with your blog especially since our babes are so close in age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go gal!! 4 lbs is great progress especially when you are doing it all the right way with healthy eating and exercise!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, don't sweat that extra weight too much! It's a big adjustment being a mommy! Enjoy your time with your little guy. I know when my little one was 3-4 months, I was just too exhausted to work out. Don't push yourself too much!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!