Weekend Recap + Oscar Favorites

I can't believe it's monday already! This weekend flew by!

Friday night I made it to the gym for a workout which felt great after a long week. Friday night we just stayed in, made dinner and caught up on Better Call Saul (anyone else watching this? I'm not sure how I feel about it yet). 

Saturday morning was spent cleaning up the house and getting ready for Bill's parents to come and stay with us for the night. They babysat for us while we went on a date night to one of my favorite restaurants in Columbus, Martini Modern Italian. My favorite dish there is the Butternut Squash Tortelloni. It is the perfect winter comfort meal!


I know we are really lucky to have both sets of our parents willing and able to babysit. I really love our date nights and hope to be able to keep up the tradition of date night at least twice a month. 

Sunday we spent more time with Bills parents while they were in town. We had a big lunch from Hoggy's. Bill's mom and I lounged with Camden while the men worked on mounting our flat screen in our family room and other little house projects. 

Sunday evening was spent in my PJs watching the Oscars! Did you watch them? What did you think?

Here were my favorite looks:







I know the necklace was a little much on Scarlet, but I love the dress!!


Bradley looked so daper and I really wish he would have won best actor!

(photos via here)

Who were your favorites?

I'm linking up with Biana for Weekending.

5 comments

  1. i loved margot and anna's dress! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I feel about J.Lo...unreal and amazing!! So happy you guys were able to escape for a date night!!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna Faris and Jennifer Aniston were my top two! Such gorgeous dresses! That is so great that you have regular date nights, and such a necessity! Josh and I were just saying about Better Call Saul last night, that we hope it gets better because we want it to be awesome and it's not there yet. Happy Monday and hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I was so bummed that Bradley (and American Sniper) didn't win!! And we are loving Better Call Saul! It's no Breaking Bad of course but we like it so far. Glad you had a good weekend - that butternut squash tortellini sounds unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I've never heard of Better Call Saul, going to look it up now and see if Kyle would like it. We need something new to watch. So lucky you get regular date nights! My parents are close but my mom still works a pretty high profile job so she's busy on a lot of weekends with events, etc and with two it isn't easy. It's time for us to start looking for a neighborhood babysitter, but to be honest I'm kind of nervous! Love Anna and Jennifer too- I really liked the neutral colors this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!