Weekend Recap

This weekend was spent mostly at home with my little family of 3 (4 if you count Charlie, our pup). Bill had to leave to go to Austin for a work trip early Sunday morning so we spent some quality time together at home Friday and Saturday nights. 

Friday evening I attended my first Zumba class at my gym in over a year. I remember loving Zumba before I was pregnant. Growing up I was very involved in dance and miss taking dance classes a lot. Zumba is the closest thing to dancing that I've done in a while. It's great because it is a mind workout too! It's hard ot keep up with all the moves! I logged my workout in My Fitness Pal and it said I burned almost 500 calories in one class! This may be a weekly tradition if we don't have plans on a Friday. 

Saturday was spent at home just cleaning and doing some house chores. I was also getting my home office ready for me to return to work this week (more on that tomorrow). I also found the perfect curtains and some throw pillows for our family room so Bill helped to hang them. I seriously tried out 5 different sets of curtains and finally found some that I like in the room. We are still hoping to get a new sectional in there soon. I will post before and after pics when it's all done ;)

I also had fun playing dress up with Camden (Daddy is a fan of the TMNT, so he approved). I really need to start getting him in normal clothes everyday and out of PJs! :/



Saturday night I made this recipe for BBQ Chicken Chili. I actually simplified it a bit and only added black beans and also used a can on Rotel diced tomatoes and chilis instead of adding jalepenios. I used Sweet Baby Ray's Chipotle Honey BBQ Sauce which was perfect for the chili with it's kick of spice and balance of sweetness.


Mom and Dad came over Sunday afternoon to babysit while I ran some errands. I ended up at TJMaxx and spent the rest of my February clothes "allowance"... whoops! I got some good deals though, so happy about that.

I always enjoy getting out of the house for a little "me" time.


Sunday night was spent watching the Grammy's and the premeire for Better Call Saul. Anyone else what it? What did you think?

I'm linking up with Biana for Weekending. 

7 comments

  1. So great that your parents live nearby and can help out and you can run errands and get some alone time!! That chili looks so good and and that chili looks so yummy! Hope you have a great Monday girl! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh you're going back to work this week, that is huge!! Can't wait to see the office reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww his sweats are SO cute :) and that chili sounds delicious! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oohh, can't wait to see the reveal! The chili looks so delish and love the TMNT shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His outfit is so cute. My hubs loves TMNT too and he already found a onesie for our little guy too. Good luck going back to work this week! xo, Brittany - Perpetually Daydreaming

    ReplyDelete
  6. Camden is starting to look like a little man! He's so adorable! We watched Better Call Saul last night and liked it! Of course it's not Breaking Bad but I think it's going to be good. What did you guys think?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! First time visiting your blog! Ironic- we just made that same Skinnytaste chili recipe last night! :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!