Weekend Recap

Another weekend came and went just like that! At least this weekend we saw hope that Spring is finally here and the worst of the winter is over (can I get an AMEN)!

Bill had been traveling most of the week and got home late Friday night, so we just laid low. Saturday morning I was up and at 'em ready to work out! I went to a Body Works plus Abs class at my gym. It was all stregth training and core work which is what I need. Let me just say that this girl can not hold a plank for very long! :/ I'm hoping to continue to work on strength training to help firm up my core and also to help my sore back.


Saturday evening my parents babysat Cam so we could have a date night. It was in the 50s and I decided to boycot the boots and coat in celebration! 

{flats - Target (old) | Old Navy jeans | sweater Michael Kors - TJMaxx | Kate Spade watch similar | Kate Spade iphone case}

We had a nice dinner at Macaroni Grill. We actually gave up a table to sit at the bar. I don't know what it is about sitting at the bar at a restaurant, but sometimes I love it. You feel like you're in the middle of the action. I guess I'm not so romantic ha!

Sunday, we decided to take a family outing to the grocery store and to shop for a new sectional for our family room. Camden did really well the whole time and didn't make a peep. He just kind of looked around everywhere.

We found a sectional that we like, but just need to order it in a different fabric. I really wanted something in a light grey for the room. I think it will be perfect! Only downside is that we have to wait 6 - 8 weeks for it to arrive... sad face!


Left fabric is for the sectional and the other 2 are for accent pillows.

My parents, grandma and brother came over for dinner last night. Unfortunately, since Cam didn't nap very well during the day he was really fussy at night :/ I've noticed that if he doesn't get good naps during the day that it affects him in the evening and he becomes increasingly fussy right before bed. He was so upset that he didn't even finish half his bottle. We were thinking he may be teething too since he has been wanting to chew everything and has been drooling a lot, but it seems too early for that?!

Sorry for posting this so late in the day! I was having some internet issues this morning!

I'm linking up with Biana for Weekending.

How was your weekend?


5 comments

  1. Yay for date night and I love that you didn't have to wear boots!! I saw the IG snap of the new couch swatch and accent pillows - love it!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those jeans!!! Old Navy??? Yes!!! Totally affordable! I love your new couch swatch can't wait to see it all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Amanda, I'm obsessed with your jeans!! And yay for a new couch! We pulled the trigger (finally) on a dining room table this weekend - lots of big purchases! :) Hope Cam is feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sectional fabric, I can't wait to see it all come together! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for date night!! They usually discover their hands right around this time and gnaw/suck on them non stop. It's pretty common and Matthew's been doing it for a few weeks now. The good news is it usually helps them with self soothing around this age. My golden rule with infants is to not let them be awake longer than 2 hours at a time once we hit that 2 hour mark. That's usually all they can handle this age without getting overstimlulated, at least that's what has worked for me! Good luck- those babies keep us on our toes!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!