Clearing the Clutter

I've taken some time away from the blog to reflect on it and life in general. Maybe it's the Spring season, maybe it's my new routine and responsibility of being a mom, maybe I'm just ready for a change, but I think it's time for me to clean out alllll the clutter in my life. 

When I was little, my mom would ask me to clean my room at least once a week. I was a messy little thing. My toys and clothes were scattered all over the floor on any given day. On the days she would ask me to 'clean my room for the cleaning lady' (which always confused me) I would typically just shove everything in the closet and under the bed. There. Done!

Well, one day my mom asked me to clean out my closet and get everything out from under my bed. Now what do I do?? Well, I sorted through everything. Yes, my 10 year old self cleared out my closet. How? I stuffed everything in large sized plastic garbage bags. I only kept the items I really wanted and needed (barbies, stuffed animals, you know... the essentials). Everything else went in the bags. I hauled the heavy bags (that were about the same size as my body) down the stairs and to the garage to be taken out with the trash.

My dad decided it may be best for him to go through the bags before taking them to the curb. After he surveyed about 4 big bags, he looked at me and said, "Lindsay, this is all good stuff in here. We just bought you these shoes a month ago?!" 

I just looked at him and said, "Yea, but I don't need any of it."

+++

That's the truth. We don't need any of it! But, everywhere I look there is stuff.

I am currently working on a post to document how I clean out my closet every season. Part of a 'Spring Cleaning' series, if you will. Sometimes you just need to clear out all the clutter to feel refreshed and to focus on what's important.

I also feel this way about the blog. There has been a lot of clutter recently. I feel as though I have to throw something up everyday to stay relevant and some of the content I am not 100% proud of. That is not why I started blogging. I started blogging as a creative outlet for myself. Somewhere to share my ideas, life and style with others and to share my love for design. It is somewhere I can connect with other like minded fellow bloggers. Somewhere to share my thoughts and feelings. I don't want my blog to feel to 'advertise-y' or solely focused on selling products. I do, however, want to provide my readers with honest product reviews and fashion finds for their benefit.

Going forward, I will be focusing on quality content. I will be clearing the clutter and making way for the good stuff. I don't want to just throw up photos from my instagram account and call it a post. This may mean I only post once, maybe twice a week, but I will make sure it is a post that I can be proud of. I'm hoping to post more DIY projects (like back in the day), style/fashion finds, baby product recommendations, home decor and organization posts. I will still be posting about my life from time to time, however, there are some aspects I like to keep private. Obviously, pictures of my son are not one of them (if you've seen my instagram...). I will continue posting about motherhood and my experience being a first time mommy, because truth be told, I absolutely love it! It is the best job I've ever had!

Bottom line is, I am continuing the blog. It may look and feel a bit different than the norm, but I hope you will still follow along!

I really love this little piece of the web world that I have created and I'm not ready to give it up!

Plus, how could I not share photos/moments like this:

{my little gentleman... right before one of the biggest blowouts to date!}

*Now, if you could do me a favor and leave a comment with the type of posts you would love to see on Lovely Life Styling, I would be so greatful. Some examples are baby related posts (baby products, daily schedules, baby clothes, etc), fashion related posts (outfits, fashion finds, etc), beauty posts (tutorials, my favorite products, etc), DIY projects, home decor, typical day posts, recipes, etc... Let me know what you love reading!

Thank you for your continued support!


11 comments

  1. Totally 100% agree with everything you wrote! I've been feeling the same way about blogging lately - I'm trying to really narrow down what I want my blog to be about and how I can not have it take up so much of my day (ie. commenting, emails, etc). So excited to see what direction you go in! My favorite posts are anything beauty/fashion related, recipes and home decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! i cant wait to see more DIY, home and organization posts :) and of course baby posts! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the posts that you are planning to come up with. The DIYs and the closet clean out are going to be great! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you!! I love all of those topics you're asking about so, bring them on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for the future posts you are planning - especially the DIY's!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tis the season! We are doing a major house purge over the next few months and I'm so ready to get rid of the clutter! As far as posts....I'm loving blogs that are a little less about fashion and shopping (there are a lot) and more about lifestyle and home/life experiences

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So good to be true to yourself and not feel pressured to just post something - anything! I'd love to see some DIYs! Also love a good beauty product review :) Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all need to de-clutter sometimes, it's such a great feeling! Can't wait to follow along! :) Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. I have a love hate relationship with blogging lately. I hate feeling like I owe a post to people or feeling guility if I skip a couple of days. I have to remember this is something I do for fun and I should enjoy it and if I'm not enjoying it then I shouldn't do it. That being said I love mom posts, diy posts, and I loved all your party planning posts from way back when! I always enjoy shopping and fashion too since it's one of my faves too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm feeling the same way about posting... I hate when I'm not 100% crazy about a post but I post it anyway. Its so hard to keep up with DIYs and blogging with a baby, its way harder than I expected and kudos to anyone who can do it! Excited to continue following along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of assessing one's life (and blog) and clearing out the clutter. Now this is an inspiring wellness post!

    Thanks & Happy Saturday Lindsay,
    http://www.lovecompassionatelee.com/thinkoutloud/2015/4/6/4615

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!