Camden || 6 Months (Half Birthday!)


<Insert 1 million cry face emojis here>

How did this happen? Half a year already??!

He's starting to look more and more like a little boy than my baby ahhh! 
Please time, can you slow down (as cliche as it is for a new mom to say that)??

I didn't get to a 5 month update on the blog (did a mini one on IG), so a lot has happened since his 4 month update. We have his 6 month Dr appointment on Friday, so not quite sure on weight and height, but we guesstimate he's about 16 pounds when we weigh him at home. I'm guessing he's still around 25 inches long. He is wearing mostly 6 - 9 mo or 6 - 12 mo clothes with the exception of a few 3 - 6 mo onesies and t shirts of brands that run big like Target and Old Navy.

Cam is still sleeping through the night from 7:30ish to 7am. Sometimes he will wake up and talk to himself for a while around 6am, but he's pretty patient and waits for us to get up and feed him. He does however, have night terrors and wakes us up crying in the middle of the night! But, when I run in and check on him he's fast asleep again?? Any other mothers experience this??

Feeding Cam baby food has been such an exciting experience and it's so fun to watch him try new flavors. So far, I've made pureed carrots and sweet potatoes in the Baby Bullet and have a lot stored in the freezer (don't worry, his skin has not turned orange yet ;) ). I bought a few pouches of Ella's Kitchen apples and pears so I could try some fruits with him, but I do plan on making some of my own in the future. I can see how buying baby food can become expensive! I only feed him maybe once or twice a day. I don't push it too much because I know he still gets all his nutrients from breast milk or formula. Maybe I'll write a post about starting solids?? Anyone interested?

 || L I K E S ||

 + nuk pacis (although his Speech Pathologist Grandma doesn't let him have it when she's around)
+ chewing on his hands and really anything he can get his hands and mouth on
+ naps like a champ (down to 3 per day)
+ his lamb lovie (lamby)
+ his new jumperoo
+ books / story time
+ rolling around (can roll both ways now!)
+ scaring mommy and rolling on his tummy in his crib
+ sleeping sideways in the crib
+ taking walks outside in the Baby Bjorn
+ just being outside and seeing the world!
+ eating baby food! We've tried sweet potatoes, carrots, apples and pears. His favorite are by far the sweet potatoes, but really hasn't turned away any food!
+ being tickled by mommy
+ watching mommy drink or eat food. He thinks it's hilarious!


|| D I S L I K E S ||

+ being hungry, over tired or over stimulated
+ skipping naps
+ meeting new people, but getting better
+ gas pains
+ being held or in one spot for too long. he is so squirmy and loves to move around!

That's really it... He's generally a happy baby!


|| M I L E S T O N E S ||

+ started to eat baby food and loving it!
+ rolls over both ways
+ sits up with support, but so close to sitting up on his own
+ bears weight on his legs and likes to stand with support
+ grasps objects with both hands. we got a trainer sippy cup!
+ saying some syllables and vowels (ma, ahh, ooo, eee, etc)
+ found his voice! squeals (more like shrieks) with delight!
+ he has all the symptoms of teething (even had a few rough nights here and there), but no signs of teeth poking through yet.

Camden is in such a fun stage (I feel like I say this every month)! I just love to watch him learn and grow everyday. I feel like his little brain is a sponge right now. Every new thing and experience is so exciting! The past 6 months have been the happiest of my life. This little boy has brought so much joy into our lives. He has the face of an angel and I have to kiss those cheeks a million times a day to feel complete. I can't imagine our life without him now!

*Side note: We are going to Germany/Austria for 10 days in July and leaving Camden with my parents. It's really starting to hit me now how long that really is to be without my baby :( If any moms out there have any advice on how to cope with leaving your babes for vacation/traveling, please let me know!

I plan to post our 5 and 6 month favorite baby products very soon! Stay tuned!

PS - If you are interested in seeing multiple snaps and videos of my days with Cam, my Snapchat user name is LindsayRumple ;)

8 comments

  1. Time really flies! How is he 6 months already?! He's so adorable and seems like such a happy little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe our babies are 6 months already! It goes by waaaay to fast! Matthew has started army crawling and I'm so not ready for that yet, I just want him to stay a little squishy baby. Good luck with your trip. Maybe try leaving Cam with your parents for 2 nights as a practice to see how you do. It will be much harder on you than him at this age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously how did 6 months already go by!! He's such a sweet baby!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is just so cute and I love all of your snaps of him.....he seems like such a happy boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is getting so big!! Love that cute little outfit on him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is so darn cute!! I have really enjoyed watching him grow and love reading your updates! My little guy is 3 months. I would love you to do a post on sleep training/how you got Camden to sleep through the night!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, this year is going SO fast!! Can't believe he's already 6 months already! And sounds like he's such a great sleeper - besides those night terrors, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is such a cutie!! I can't believe he is already 6 months! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!